Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: USMC M1030B1 Restoration

Get home safe.

those things are RAD! Are you going to be selling one or two? Please let me know. Seriously.
    Last edited by FJOE; 03-10-2017 at 06:21 AM.
    1995 Toyota T100 DX "Black Betty" (Currently with me abroad)
    -3.4L 5VZ-FE
    -4x4
    -Regular Cab/Long Bed
    -General Grabber All Terrains
    -2 Spares, Skids, Lights, Snorkel, Nav, Comms, etc...

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    -Firestone Destination All Terrains

I planned on restoring them and selling them. It would be a waste to part them out. We have 8 and are only keeping 2.

I sent you a PM. Let me know if you want my email and we can go direct
    -3.4L 5VZ-FE
    -4x4
    -Regular Cab/Long Bed

I'm back in the US. I should get two of the bikes done. The one I originally stripped to the frame can now be put back together. I'm also snagging one of the 6 LE bikes from some engine work on Sunday. Attached is the next one I plan on starting as well. It only has 837 miles on it. From the UIC code it looks like it was 1/6 2D MarDiv.

I rebuilt the carb today. The plan is to replace the fluids, install a Deka battery and see if I can get the engine to crank. Once that's successful then I'll begin replacing and fixing everything else. I got a awesome 465 rear shock from progressive. Then it's just paint and minor parts like brake pads, chain, sprockets, tires, etc. I spent the last few months in Iraq ordering parts and a few of my buddies were trying to hand me checks for one of the bikes. Once this one is done it's onto another of the LE auction bikes (which seems like it's about to start) and then my buddies.

Got the battery, fuel tank, and petcock in but nothing happens. It has the combat lock ignition in right now but turning the key won't even turn on the lights. It could be a wiring issue in the console, a problem with the ignition (I have a new one), or possibly one of the lock out switches. I believe those are removed though. Time to trouble shoot this.

Today I went ahead and traced the electrical from the battery to the ignition switch and cleaned all of the connections and replaced those crappy fuses. I will eventually switch over to the blade type once I get this bike up and running. I finally got the lights and black out lights to come on once the key is turned to the run position. I filled up the fuel tank and got a minor leak from the fuel petcock. I need a new seal but I’m thinking about switching to the Raptor petcock from Eagle Mike. I did get the bike to crank but it won’t turn over. This could be due to the clutch safety switch. I can’t get the clutch lever to compress. I think the cable is hung up or just bad. I’ll take it off and try another one tomorrow. The bike is in neutral and the neutral light is on. It could also be the carburetor that I just rebuilt as well.

I got the high beams and turn signals to work. The high beam switch takes some playing with the get the high beams on. It may be the switch or I may just need to clean it up a bit. I am waiting on a Raptor fuel petcock and a carb rebuild kit so I’ll take a few days off this bike. While waiting I finally got the pivot bolt out. I took it to a local shop and they used a press and heat but only got it to move about 5 inches. I was able to cut the bolt on the left side first and then shift over the bearing sleeve to the left to cut the right side. I have a replacement pivot bolt and lever. This was a tough one to cut with a hacksaw. I'll try to paint the frame with Rapco 686 Tan to test it out.

Glad to see you're getting it working, bit by bit. Why the color switch to tan?
    -3.4L 5VZ-FE
    -4x4
    -Regular Cab/Long Bed

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast