Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: USMC M1030B1 Restoration

They look fantastic! It's nice to see the updates and to know that you followed through with the projects.
    2011 FJ NSSE | 2007 KTM 990 Adventure | 2002 XR400 (Plated) | 2000 KLR650 (Semi Retired)
    Spotwalla tip logs

Finished my buddy’s bike. This was one of the two originally ones we purchased. We had to do the normal restoration and rebuild the top end of the motor. Other than that it went really smoothly.

The 6 auction bikes have been a pain in the *** with everything. The second auction bike is now 100 percent complete. We are going to sell it in a few days and start on the restoration of auction bike 3.

The level of resto on those two is amazing.
    1995 Toyota T100 DX "Black Betty" (Currently with me abroad)
    -3.4L 5VZ-FE
    -4x4
    -Regular Cab/Long Bed
    -General Grabber All Terrains
    -2 Spares, Skids, Lights, Snorkel, Nav, Comms, etc...

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    -Firestone Destination All Terrains

Instagram

Since the weather is a bit cold here its time to start on bike 3. The previous post showed what it looked like before we started breaking it down. Right now my jack is broken so I’ll grab my buddies tomorrow and take out the engine, the wheels, kickstand, handlebars, and the forks. Then it’s time for paint, reassembly, and replacing parts needed / troubleshooting. For those keeping track the restoration went like this. We started on the 6 auction bikes from the sheriffs department in Maine. We finished and sold bike 1 and fished bike 2. That one is still for sale. The first two we purchased (for my buddy and myself) have been completed. Now we are starting on the third auction bike.

Finally got bike #3 stripped to the frame.

Here is a picture of some of the stuff we painted today.

We will give it a day to set up and then get into to assembly in a few days. This usually involves trouble shooting, replacing seals / parts, and fluids. We also lowered to price of Bike 2 to $5,200 and then it goes to auction.
    Last edited by Johnnny13; 12-03-2017 at 06:28 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456