Blueford T Justice- 2006 E250 4x4

Lunchbox2

Explorer
I would be stoked to get out on the trail with the Lunchbox. We will do our best to accommidate you when you come out here. Our place is "cozy", but if need be, you can sleep in our pop-up in the driveway. My dad and stepmom do the same in their camper when they come out from VA. And yes, A/C and cruise are super high on my list, too.

Oh hell ya man, I appreciate the hospitality! Sleeping in campgrounds is going to be WAY cheaper than hotels, so that's the plan with traveling in the van. It will be set-up for it by then, so a spot in the driveway would be MORE than accommodating. I've made friends all over the country because of this van, everybody offers up a spot in the driveway any time I need it. It's going to be awesome to start making our way around and meeting everybody!

devo 1

Adventurer
Congrats on having two bad *** vans.
20161005_102229_zpsu6r946nd.jpg

Jb1rd

Explorer
XLNT!! I am just gimping around, need to see if I can chase down a small leak I noticed this morning, it's almost directly under the front pumpkin but not coming from it? OH the joy!!!

ddog45

Adventurer
I wish people would stop posting vans from Denver Fleet. Tim is a really nice guy and hopefully I will be getting a van from him in the next couple of months. I don't want people to say how great the service is and how their product appears to be another good option till after I get mine.

Last edited:

devo 1

Adventurer
I seriously thought about pming you so I can get a pic of your van. Next time.:bike_rider:
Utah was great!

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
I wish people would stop posting vans from Denver Fleet. Tim is a really nice guy and hopefully I will be getting a van from him in the next couple of months. I don't want people to say how great the service is and how their product appears to be another good option till after I get mine.

It seems like he always has one he just finished or is building one, so you will get one. You're right about Tim, too.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader

You were the first thought I had when I saw this build thread. I probably still have the pics of this van from when you looked at it.

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
20161002_150100_resized.jpg20161002_170310_resized.jpg
There was a dent on the back door that was bothering me, so I tried knocking it out, not great, but a little better.
20161003_182515_resized.jpg
The 4.6 V8 in the van is pretty good on gas, and OK on power, but could use a little help with both. I know there is no replacement for displacement, but I figured I'd throw a K & N air filter in. Who knows if it actually does anything for m.p.g. or horsepower, but I figure anything might help.

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Nice rig, looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

As far as K&N filters go I'm just gonna leave this link here and let you decide. My technical advice is to avoid oiled media filters like the plague. Not to mention that the oil on the filters can wreak havoc with the hotwire mass airflow sensors is used on modern engines.

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
Nice rig, looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

As far as K&N filters go I'm just gonna leave this link here and let you decide. My technical advice is to avoid oiled media filters like the plague. Not to mention that the oil on the filters can wreak havoc with the hotwire mass airflow sensors is used on modern engines.

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html

Thanks! And thanks for the info. I have always used K & N's and now I feel kinda dumb. Must have been a placebo effect, because I swear I could tell a difference in power. I did over oil the one in my 4runner once, and got a MAF sensor CEL code but it went away after I cleaned the MAF sensor. I guess they use snake oil to oil them. I wonder if I can still return it to the parts store? Before I bought the filter, I was considering a cold air intake for the van, are they all hype, too?

luthj

Engineer In Residence
K&N filters and cold air intakes are louder. More noise makes it feel faster? Honestly, if the engineers could get more power with a small change to the intake track they would do it. The factory intake draws fairly clean low turbulence air from good locations normally. Many cold air intakes get air from somewhere in the engine compartment which may be contaminated with hot air from the radiator. So in the end they may actually be hot air intakes! OEMs design their boxes for optimal airflow and low noise. For a stock engine there's rarely any real benefit to be found from fiddling with the intake track unless you really know what your doing. My 2 cents at least.

If you are after a real improvement in filtration and airflow pick up a large Donaldson diesel air filter used for heavy construction equipment. You will need to choose a model designed for your engines displacement. They handle extremely dusty conditions well. They are large so fitting can also be an issue in some situations. Of course this is filter is not likely to improve your performance at all. They can handle a lot more dirt and debris's before they become clogged.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior