Blueford T Justice- 2006 E250 4x4

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
The Timberline Van conversion seems good so far, although I only have put about 3,300 miles on it. It steers and drives great. I am hoping the coil springs will soften up a bit. Could be the shocks that came with conversion, and those might get switched soon. The only real complaint I have is the 4.6L V8. Nothing to do with the conversion, and not that big of a deal, but it could definitely use more power going over the mountain passes. Overall really pleased with the van, and now that the weather is getting better, I can continue on the build out.

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
20170423_184057_resized.jpg20170423_184108_resized.jpg
I finally had some time to start working on the van. When time has permitted I've been making panels to cover the walls of the van and doing some wiring for lights and sound. So far I've just made panels for the back doors and the slider.

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
I also finally got my CR LaurenceT-slider after almost 2 months of waiting, I guess they were on back order. And it seems like mine came with the usual bad packaging and damage. Anyway I wanted to get it in as soon as soon as possible, so I can keep doing the interior. It is very stressful cutting a hole in the side of a perfectly good van, to say the least. All in all it was pretty easy, beside the stress.
20170506_131208_HDR_resized.jpg20170506_134713_resized.jpg20170506_134656_resized.jpg
Of course as soon as I got the hole cut, a big old thunderstorm rolled in. But I guess that's the beauty of having a van, instant enclosed work space. I was lucky enough to get paint on the raw metal, before it got wet.
20170506_170251_resized.jpg20170506_171807_resized (1).jpg20170506_172749_resized.jpg
The fit is pretty good, but I feel like the curve of the window could have matched the curve of the van a little better, but it definitely is a huge improvement. My daughter loves it because she can finally see out both sides. And it looks more adventure-y and less kidnapper-y.
Now I can get on to the interior, and summer time fun.

furbucket

Observer
Blueford T Justice, now more adventure-y and less kidnapper-y!! (This should be a t-shirt or something)
Nice van(s), great work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
20161106_133726_resized.jpg20161106_133659_resized.jpg
I broke my hand and had surgery on Thursday to get 5 pins put in, which has already put me in a state of unimaginable boredom. So I've been walking around my yard and kinda making a list of things to do because my father in law wants to come out and help me get some things done. I figured it is a good time to get rid of some clutter. Anyway I got this brush guard for doing some welding on a guys truck and trying to decide what to do with it. It wouldn't take much work to mount it and it fits pretty good and doesn't look to bad. I would cut the bottom to be flush with the bottom of the bumper and line it up better than in the pics of course. It would be just something to put on until I make my front bumper and make it look less stock. I guess I'm just looking for opinions and bored and on Oxycotin.

Vandit

Observer
Sorry to hear about your hand. I've cut tendons in my hand before and it's not a fun injury to have. Hope you heal up quickly.

I'm typically not a fan of big brush guards, but I think this one looks pretty good on your van. I like it, I say go for it. Adds a bit more to the adventure look for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles