Blueford T Justice- 2006 E250 4x4

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
20161002_155140_resized.jpg20161002_153352_resized.jpg
This is my new van, a 2006 E250 4.6L V8 4x4. I bought it from Denverfleet.com with a 109,000 miles on the clock and a fresh Timberline 4x4 conversion done at their shop which is the name he uses for the 4x4 van side of the company. It has a 2006 Super Duty front axle, his TV upper and lower control arms, new sway bar and arms, new steering components, ball joints, trac bar,coil springs, brake lines, drive shafts, u joints, new 285/75/17 BFG all terrains, black mod aluminum rims, new torque converter, rebuilt transmission, and a bunch of Armor All. I'm sure there's something I'm forgetting. It was a Sears appliance service fleet van from California with no rust and in really good shape. I guess I will be the Guinea pig and see how these conversions are. Tim is a super nice guy and the build and components seem top notch. when I first drove and saw the van, it had different wheels and tires, that weren't really my style, so he made it very easy to trade up(for $300 more). It was worth it for sure, looks and performance wise.

i like this van. i have looked at the T.V. Facebook page etc, i think the long arm 4 link is a good system (like used on a jeep) but its hard to gauge it without driving.

hope it works out for you being the "guinea pig"

not sure what the van cost, or what his conversion costs (id be interested) but it looks pretty good to me.

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
20161002_181658_resized.jpg
I already have another 4x4 van, a 68 Chevy which I did the 4x4 conversion, motor swap, bumpers, rack and tons of other stuff, her name is Lucinda and she's awesome. But I've kinda come to a conclusion that it might not be the best best thing to haul my 3 year old and son that's on the way. Good for cruising around here and local camping, but still needs work. No A/C is the biggest problem, but until I get it really dialed in, I just can't see taking the whole gang on a 4 hr road trip right now. So I traded my beloved 99 4runner in the van, maybe not the best decision, but a better than mini van I guess.

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
i like this van. i have looked at the T.V. Facebook page etc, i think the long arm 4 link is a good system (like used on a jeep) but its hard to gauge it without driving.

hope it works out for you being the "guinea pig"

not sure what the van cost, or what his conversion costs (id be interested) but it looks pretty good to me.

He was charging $16,995, before trade in. He installed a seat in it for me, and upgraded the rims and tires. The van drives and handles great, and the build appears to be very high quality and thought out. Great guy to work with. My only regret so far is the 4.6 liter V8, a little slow in the mountain passes.

He was charging $16,995, before trade in. He installed a seat in it for me, and upgraded the rims and tires. The van drives and handles great, and the build appears to be very high quality and thought out. Great guy to work with. My only regret so far is the 4.6 liter V8, a little slow in the mountain passes.

i have a 4.6l in my 2006 1/2 ton 2wd. i like the baby cammer. its smooth and quiet, and a good mill.

I've already done the weldtec 4" lift, and LSD, and 4:10 gears. not sure what the blue bomber is geared at, but the 4.10's made a pretty big difference over the 3.55's they replaced.

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
20161002_112438_resized.jpg20161002_150113_HDR_resized.jpg
The first thing I did was take off this piece of plastic thingy.
20161002_170330_resized.jpg
And then I straightened out the front bumper, maybe a little too much, but better for now. I plan on making something, but little thing like that drive me crazy. Plus there are a few more things that need attention before I have time to build bumpers.

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
i have a 4.6l in my 2006 1/2 ton 2wd. i like the baby cammer. its smooth and quiet, and a good mill.

I've already done the weldtec 4" lift, and LSD, and 4:10 gears. not sure what the blue bomber is geared at, but the 4.10's made a pretty big difference over the 3.55's they replaced.

It has 4:10's. I don't know if it has LSD, but it kinda seems like it, I forgot to ask, or just assumed it didn't.

It has 4:10's. I don't know if it has LSD, but it kinda seems like it, I forgot to ask, or just assumed it didn't.

That van has much larger tires than I have too, I've got 265/70-16's so a little sub 32".

I don't see the point in going from my weldtec setup to 4x4 for my uses (SoCal, no snow, mostly just local and desert) and the wife would slaughter me if i did. Haha.

Great van. Both of them.

Lunchbox2

Explorer
haha love the name.... A/C and cruise control were a big deal when I built mine, 2 creature comforts I was NOT going to do without... Blueford is probably a little better on the trail than Lucinda, so you can make the ol' girl pretty now and just keep her around for nice cruises with the fam (from fall-spring anyway...). I look forward to seeing this beast in a couple months!

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
haha love the name.... A/C and cruise control were a big deal when I built mine, 2 creature comforts I was NOT going to do without... Blueford is probably a little better on the trail than Lucinda, so you can make the ol' girl pretty now and just keep her around for nice cruises with the fam (from fall-spring anyway...). I look forward to seeing this beast in a couple months!

I would be stoked to get out on the trail with the Lunchbox. We will do our best to accommidate you when you come out here. Our place is "cozy", but if need be, you can sleep in our pop-up in the driveway. My dad and stepmom do the same in their camper when they come out from VA. And yes, A/C and cruise are super high on my list, too.

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
20161002_150831_resized.jpg20161002_150822_resized.jpg20161002_150758_resized.jpg
Actually the first thing I did to the van was buy a sprinter seat for it. They put a seat in for me at the shop as part of the deal, but I wasn't too keen on the seatbelt set up. The location wasn't ideal either, bit his reasoning made sense-1- I can reach my kid easier, and 2-more room in the back. But I just didn't like the seat, period. So I hopped on craigslist to see what I could find. I got the Sprinter seat for $200, not sure if that's good or not. But I was in Denver already, and liked it, and didn't know when I'd have time to make the 4 hour round trip again. Now I need to get the other seat out and mount he brackets for this one. Oh, and it has 3 shoulder/lap belts built in and is cloth, not vinyl.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior