Blueford T Justice- 2006 E250 4x4

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
Thanks for confirming my my disbelief. The manufacturers specifications stated they were rated to 500 lbs a piece for that thickness of metal. They are the steel, not aluminum rivnuts, but I still didn't feel 100% confident. However, I have used them in a variety of applications over the years with very good results. Not having a fab shop at my disposal is really making it hard to projects the way I would normally do things. The mounts I made for the seats in "Lucinda" are bomber, and are the way I wanted to do them in this van, but this was the best option I had(I thought). No doubt I will be adding some through bolts and plates this weekend, at the very least. That's why I love this forum, there is such a great amount of knowledge and help.

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Rivnuts might be okay, its hard to tell from this side of the internet. It depends on number, spacing etc. Thick fender washers are acceptable in lieu of backing plates.

Jb1rd

Explorer
Body Work

Yo Chili,
Do you know or are you skilled in the art of body work? I need some help and advice on how much body work is really necessary to have a decent Rhino/Raptor Lining sprayed on, I can't remember if this is correct or not but I seem to recall that the lining material covers a lot of the smaller dings but not sure what "smaller" entails?????? After getting a quote of nearly 3k to do JUST the dent repair I darn near crapped myself!!!

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
How bad is the body damage? Where are you going to line it, just the rockers? Liner definitely fills in the smaller stuff. But because the liner is textured and kinda matte, it hides alot of the damage.

Jb1rd

Explorer
Damage is pretty superficial , the biggest dent is a 3" crease on the rear driver side wheel that is maybe 1/4" deep, the rest are just minor pings and parking lot style dents. I want to do a heavy coat/texture on the rockers and a lighter spray over the whole van.

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
I would start with the rockers first, then see how you like it. My experience with rhino liner up here would make me just do the rockers. It gets so dirty with the mag chloride it's almost impossible to get clean. I went back out to check out your van and it was gone. I think your blue is lighter, though. My supervisor was hilarious, "you got to go to front of the terminal, there's another van just like yours! You're not going to believe it!" Good to see you, super jealous of your trip.

Jb1rd

Explorer
I had to move it over to the far east lot, did not realize they implemented "pay to park" in front of the terminal and was not about to pay for 2 cars for 10 days! The guy I talked to about the LineX version for total coverage (it is much smoother than the regular bed liner) said it cleaned well, but then again he is selling a product. I guess it might be a trade off for dirty or just living with a cheap/moderate "Maaco" that will inevitably get "Colorado Pin stripping"

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
Anyone have a stereo wiring diagram for a 2006 E250 or have a link to something? It's just the basic model with only front speakers, no power windows or locks. I can't find anything on the good old interweb, and my Haynes manual doesn't have anything either! Thanks

Anyone have a stereo wiring diagram for a 2006 E250 or have a link to something? It's just the basic model with only front speakers, no power windows or locks. I can't find anything on the good old interweb, and my Haynes manual doesn't have anything either! Thanks

what are you trying to figure out?

on my last 2006, i used a "harness kit for the dash and the rear speaker wiring was already in the back corners. the passenger side one is on top of the license plate box, can see it from the speaker hole, and the driver side one i had to pull thru and maybe extend to get into the door since theres no wiring in that door.

DAV!D

Adventurer
View attachment 370196View attachment 370194
There was a dent on the back door that was bothering me, so I tried knocking it out, not great, but a little better.
View attachment 370200
The 4.6 V8 in the van is pretty good on gas, and OK on power, but could use a little help with both. I know there is no replacement for displacement, but I figured I'd throw a K & N air filter in. Who knows if it actually does anything for m.p.g. or horsepower, but I figure anything might help.

What kinda mileage are you seeing in that thing?

KeyserSoSay

Adventurer
View attachment 369608
I already have another 4x4 van, a 68 Chevy which I did the 4x4 conversion, motor swap, bumpers, rack and tons of other stuff, her name is Lucinda and she's awesome. But I've kinda come to a conclusion that it might not be the best best thing to haul my 3 year old and son that's on the way. Good for cruising around here and local camping, but still needs work. No A/C is the biggest problem, but until I get it really dialed in, I just can't see taking the whole gang on a 4 hr road trip right now. So I traded my beloved 99 4runner in the van, maybe not the best decision, but a better than mini van I guess.

Really like Blueford, but I'm subscribed because I've got a crush on your girl Lucinda. I'm in Albuquerque NM now, but here in about 4 years I'll be in Pagosa/Durango area. Maybe we'll cross van paths eventually.

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
what are you trying to figure out?

on my last 2006, i used a "harness kit for the dash and the rear speaker wiring was already in the back corners. the passenger side one is on top of the license plate box, can see it from the speaker hole, and the driver side one i had to pull thru and maybe extend to get into the door since theres no wiring in that door.

I just wanted to install a better stereo. I have the harness kit, but I still need to hook it up to my stereo harness, and the main ones I want to find are the battery/ memory, hot in run, and I'm pretty sure I can figure out the rest. Mine is just a base cargo model with very limited options, but I will definitely look for speaker wires going to the back, that will make it way easier.

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
What kinda mileage are you seeing in that thing?

To be honest, I'm not sure. I haven't even put 3,000 miles on it yet. I don't think it gets as good mileage as I thought it would, though. But every time I have driven it any distance, it's been up a mountain on the interstate, so it's working pretty hard, so it is sucking it down. I also have 4:10's in it, so I think that isn't helping either.

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
Really like Blueford, but I'm subscribed because I've got a crush on your girl Lucinda. I'm in Albuquerque NM now, but here in about 4 years I'll be in Pagosa/Durango area. Maybe we'll cross van paths eventually.

Yeah, Lucinda holds a special place in my heart, too. It's been hard to see her just sitting in my driveway, but I did fire her up and do a couple of laps around the neighborhood the other day. It's been soooo snowy up here, and the stuff they put on the roads is nasty, and pretty much ruins anything it touches, so she probably won't see much action until spring. I have been thinking about putting her up for sale lately, too. Passing her on to someone that has time to finish and use her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles