Commander/GrandCherokee WK honest reviews

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
That white WK looks fantastic.

Sadly I sold mine a few months ago...picked up a 2014 Ram 1500 Sport. I do miss the Jeep, and the build quality of the Jeep is better than that of the Ram, thats for sure. Not saying the Ram is junk, just made with very lightweight well...everything to save on fuel.

Sold it to a friend, and he is really happy with the Jeep.

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
That white WK looks fantastic.

Sadly I sold mine a few months ago...picked up a 2014 Ram 1500 Sport. I do miss the Jeep, and the build quality of the Jeep is better than that of the Ram, thats for sure. Not saying the Ram is junk, just made with very lightweight well...everything to save on fuel.

Sold it to a friend, and he is really happy with the Jeep.
Thank you. Just added a flat, platform rack as well.
2c78f6a348a10afe9a9292c97447195f.jpg
2633500418dbae67a3f55178dba7a347.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

paroxysym

Adventurer
still rolling strong... 182k, 2007 4.7 v8- JBA UCAs, OME MD with bilstein 4600s, 255/75 BFG KO2s, JK hardrock rims, 4xGuard front skid, SC tuned/magnaflow exhaust/fastman TB.. been a great kid hauler

Attachments

• IMG_1830.jpg
    IMG_1830.jpg
    579.2 KB · Views: 51

jeepgc

Adventurer
Excellent WKs bubblegoose and Paroxysym.

Mine's still running strong.

Sadly though, i can see the end in sight due to getting 2 dogs, just hasn't got the room for the family and the hounds. We were meant to only get 1 dog, but ended up getting 2, so am starting to painfully think about what's next.

3f48017584520c01982318aa6a8404ce.jpg

Last edited:

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Excellent WKs bubblegoose and Paroxysym.

Mine's still running strong.

Sadly though, i can see the end in sight due to getting 2 dogs, just hasn't got the room for the family and the hounds. We were meant to only get 1 dog, but ended up getting 2, so am starting to painfully think about what's next.

3f48017584520c01982318aa6a8404ce.jpg

Changes happen. Have to find the correct fit for your family needs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

jeepgc

Adventurer
Changes happen. Have to find the correct fit for your family needs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah, you're right.

The WK has been our best vehicle, will be a big shame to move to something else for our family.

Still going to keep it, but will be depressing getting into something else to travel with the family.

jeepgc

Adventurer
So, resurrecting this thread.

Can someone please tell me whether the Commander cargo area is a lot larger than the WK or just a little larger (3rd row folded down)?

I'm slowly looking at other vehicles to transport my family+2 large dogs, I'm really struggling to look away from Jeep.

Just wondering whether a Commander would do it for us.

I will go and check one out but thought I'd ask on here first.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jeepgc

Adventurer

Can someone please tell me whether the Commander cargo area is a lot larger than the WK or just a little larger (3rd row folded down)?

I'm slowly looking at other vehicles to transport my family+2 large dogs, I'm really struggling to look away from Jeep.

Sorry, I meant to say that I would like input from people that actually own a Commander not just quoting measurements etc.

kayadog

Adventurer
When I test drive both back to back in 2010 I found the backseat (2nd row) of the Commander cramped compared to the WK. We bought the WK.

Mitch502

Explorer
2006 WK here...we've put around 25K miles on it. 5.7L Hemi...

Can't speak to off-road, but reviews are positive. On road, it's the quietest thing I've ever been in. You can't tell it's running when it's Going down the highway at 75.

We drove to New Orleans from KY, and it was comfortable...however, I think the seats are lacking in comfort in comparison to WJs and even my ZJs. Ergonomics are ideal, and everything seems to be powered right (AC is cold for sure, power is there street or highway, etc)

I did replace the starter, and that was terrible in comparison to most other cars I've worked on. Other things look the same as well...but that's the nature of most anything now.

paroxysym

Adventurer

according to wkjeeps.com and xkjeeps.com:
- WK cargo area is 35 cubic ft with the rear seats up, 67.4 cubic ft with the seat down
- XK cargo area 6 cubic ft with the 3rd row seat up, 36.4 cubic feet with the 3rd row seat folded down, and 68.7 cubic ft with the 2nd and 3rd row folded down.

I own a WK(just rolled 192k on the ol girl), every now and then ill haul our kid and 2 dogs in the WK, and both dogs(boxer/pit bull mix and yellow lab) are able to lay down in the back of the WK with the seats up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier