Commander/GrandCherokee WK honest reviews

Gotowork

Cargo space in Commander

Don't have anything else to compare with the Commander in regards to cargo space. Have a 08' sport. I've installed a custom drawer/ kitchen storage system with plenty open space on top. Recently removed the 3rd row seat. Now have plenty of room to install an inverter, solar controller, power distribution, fuse block, etc. And still have room to spare. Camping with wife and 2 teenagers in our Commander has worked just fine for us. The third row seat is not very practical for long trips. And it seems few people use it. My advise, take it out and gain some top to bottom room.

Attachments

• 20171215_110929.jpg
    20171215_110929.jpg
    514.9 KB · Views: 44

Gotowork

Have a 08' Commander with over 190,000 miles. Never had any ignition switch issue. Understand the cargo issue in comparison. For me, I'm doing a cargo area mod that better meets overloading travel needs. That entails taking out the third row seat. Modifying the plastic trim on sides of cargo area. With the third row seat gone, there's no need for the vents. Which are located behind all that trim. This has greatly increased the usable cargo space. Thus making room for a kitchen / storage drawer, power distribution space, power inverter, stove, air compressor. And there's still space to add a sleeping space on top of the drawer system. So for me, it's the perfect overlanding platform.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles