Outdooraholic's Montero Sport Adventure/Build thread

Outdooraholic

Adventurer
I guess so, I really like the ballistics of the .270.

I went on an Elk hunt this weekend in Cloudcroft, NM. We saw lots a Turkeys, Mule Deer, and a handful of Elk but weren't able to make any shots. The weather was beautiful, 30's at night and 50's during the day. We had a good time and put in a ton of miles hiking through the mountains.

IMG_6939.jpg

Outdooraholic

Adventurer
IMG_7087.jpg

I had a Javelina hunt south of Alpine, TX (just north of Big Bend) this week, before a snow storm hit the area. It was cold and windy and there was a full moon, which seemed to have messed with the javelina's patterns because in an area crawling with javelina, we didn't see any. We did see tons of Mule Deer though and had a good time camping and hiking despite the weather. I also slept inside the truck and was super warm and comfortable!

On this trip I noticed that the Montero Sport has developed an annoying brake squeal as well as a creaking in the suspension/bushings under the truck. Now that my hunting season is over for the year I'll be planning to do some maintenance on her. My plans over the winter include: greasing all of the suspension and steering components, addressing the brake squeal, replacing the rear hatch struts, and changing out the valve stem seals in the head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online