'11 Colorado front bumper

anickode

Adventurer
Finally finished my bumper. I've been driving around with turd brown primer on it for 6 months. I'm happy-ish with how it turned out. There's just enough room to add a mounting plate and stuff a 9000# winch in there between the frame rails should I decide to in the future. Now I have to decide on lights. Had an LED bar on it during the primer phase and hated it. I want to replace the factory fog lights and add an extra set of auxiliary lights.

20161008_151843.jpg

anickode

Adventurer
Looks great. Love seeing more Colorados here!

Yeah collys don't seem to be taken too seriously around these parts. Doesn't make sense to me. They're great little trucks. Wish I'd gone with the v8... Between the 10 ply mudders and my total disregard for aerodynamics (bumper, cap, rack, etc), I'd probably be getting better MPG out of a V8

Crazy Schooner

Fortune's A Mistress
Yeah collys don't seem to be taken too seriously around these parts. Doesn't make sense to me. They're great little trucks. Wish I'd gone with the v8... Between the 10 ply mudders and my total disregard for aerodynamics (bumper, cap, rack, etc), I'd probably be getting better MPG out of a V8

That's what I did. After lifting my 06 and driving around with it for a few years I decided to just buy a V8. Getting the same mileage right now but my truck isn't tuned yet.

anickode

Adventurer
I've been considering after market tunes... can't bring myself to start messing with the computer though.

B

BPD53

I've been considering after market tunes... can't bring myself to start messing with the computer though.

I had mine tuned by AVT. Really helps. I deleted all the torque management and Stabilitrak junk. I have really been happy with my tune so far. My rig is heavy as hell and needed alittle help after all the stuff I added.

anickode

Adventurer
I had mine tuned by AVT. Really helps. I deleted all the torque management and Stabilitrak junk. I have really been happy with my tune so far. My rig is heavy as hell and needed alittle help after all the stuff I added.

I don't want to ditch my stabilitrak altogether. You can switch it off with the factory configuration, and it does help when daily driving on icy roads.

My truck is pretty heavy. I run pretty loaded down with tools on a daily basis since I DD my rig, or rather explore with my DD

anickode

Adventurer
I threw some lights on my bumper today... went cheap. The fog lights are actually from harbor freight. 55w yellow fogs. They changed the design recently and while they seem a bit flimsy, the look decent and throw a pretty nice beam pattern. I'll see how they hold up. At $13 per pair, I'm very happy with them. Low-slung fog lights are rock magnets so I won't feel too bad about replacing them, vs something like a set of Hella 550s.

The Aux lights are just el-cheapo rectangular "driving" lights with 55w h3s in them as well. The beam is sort of a squashed spot light with lots of spill. Not impressed at all, not that I was expecting much. They throw some light on the road for sure, and on a vehicle that doesn't have great high beams, they'd probably be great, but compared to my 9011 HIR conversion high beams, they're diddly squat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94