Burk's Samurai TinTop Build

Heck

I have my own 87 tintop I just started, and I hope it turns out this well. I love your good engineering. Spend money where needed, don't when you can make it better than bought.

Burk4175

UPDATE

So it has been awhile since I posted an update on here, life has been busy for me lately and the hot summer months we get around here have not been helping either, but I have been able to get some stuff done on the Samurai.

Awhile back I installed an Odyssey battery. The old battery was a wet cell battery that had been in there going on seven years so this new Odyssey battery will give me some piece of mind, hold up to all of the vibrations off road, and hopefully last just as long.
20180106_191734.jpg
I have a small oil leak coming from the bottom of the motor and a common point of leakage on Samurais is the crankshaft seal. I went ahead and replaced the crankshaft seal and camshaft seal (the seals are identical) as well as the timing belt since I was there. Unfortunately I still have a leak somewhere else that I will have to locate but at least I know the front seals and belt are good now.
20171119_103509.jpg

Hopefully I will have some more updates for you guys soon. I appreciate all of the positive feedback I have received! Thanks for reading!

Heck

It looks like it's leaking on the dipstick tube bottom o-ring. 1.9 mm thick, 9.8 mm i.d. Amazon.
edit: I would never pay $10 for that o-ring. Try this one.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles