Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Utah; Montezuma Canyon, Alstrom Point, Left Hand Collett canyon - Oct 2016

Awesome trip report!
    Nathan

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Build" Thread
    2015 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by AggieOE View Post
    Awesome trip report!
    Thanks Nathan, it's highly recommend!

Baja is Beautiful!

My Jeep JKU Overland build
    ['12 Jeep Wrangler JKUR | Automatic | 3" TeraFlex Outback Suspension, Alpine long arms, Falcon shocks | 35" BFG KO2's | Warn Zeon 8 | Truck-Lite Headlights and Rigid D2's]

Awesome pics and report!
    2014 Tacoma 4x4 Flippac Build
    My Build

Quote Originally Posted by inv3ctiv3 View Post
    Awesome pics and report!
    Glad you enjoyed the report.
    Baja is Beautiful!

['12 Jeep Wrangler JKUR | Automatic | 3" TeraFlex Outback Suspension, Alpine long arms, Falcon shocks | 35" BFG KO2's | Warn Zeon 8 | Truck-Lite Headlights and Rigid D2's]

Inspirational ride report. I am hoping to make a trip out to that area next year. Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
    Inspirational ride report. I am hoping to make a trip out to that area next year. Thanks for sharing!
    You should! Fall seems to be a great time of year, make your campsite reservations in advance, online!
    Baja is Beautiful!

Finally had a chance to sit down and finish the video edit from this trip!

Baja is Beautiful!

Very good trip report! I was on LHC on 10/19 in the middle of a 10 day Utah trip, and I don't recall seeing that washout. On several days of my trip I noticed that I was one of the first vehicles on the roads after they had been bladed, so maybe that was the case with LHC. I also stopped to look at the dinosaur tracks at the East end of LHC, and failed to find them! Guess I have to go back and look some more next year! I did camp at Alstrom Point exactly where you were, and it was fantastic except for the 30mph winds.
    OCTA member, ShareTrails Life Member, Cal4Wheel, TLCA, IMBA
    2000 4Runner w/E-locker, Icon suspension, Savage skids and rear bumper
    2002 Subaru Forester, Lifted & Bullbarred
    Pivot Mach4 and Ibis Mojo mountain bikes
    2003 KTM 450 EXC street legal! 2007 KTM 250 XC-W trail bike

Quote Originally Posted by MountainBiker View Post
    Very good trip report! I was on LHC on 10/19 in the middle of a 10 day Utah trip, and I don't recall seeing that washout. On several days of my trip I noticed that I was one of the first vehicles on the roads after they had been bladed, so maybe that was the case with LHC. I also stopped to look at the dinosaur tracks at the East end of LHC, and failed to find them! Guess I have to go back and look some more next year! I did camp at Alstrom Point exactly where you were, and it was fantastic except for the 30mph winds.
    I think the local County road crews do a lot of work to keep those roads open, I wouldn't doubt that they fixed that washout pretty quickly! We had to hike up the hill a ways to find the Dino tracks, they were well worth the effort. I have camped on the edge of a cliff before and experienced massive winds... was very thankful that it was calm & quiet the night we camped at Alstrom Point!
    Baja is Beautiful!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12