Utah; Montezuma Canyon, Alstrom Point, Left Hand Collett canyon - Oct 2016

MountainBiker

Experience Seeker
Very good trip report! I was on LHC on 10/19 in the middle of a 10 day Utah trip, and I don't recall seeing that washout. On several days of my trip I noticed that I was one of the first vehicles on the roads after they had been bladed, so maybe that was the case with LHC. I also stopped to look at the dinosaur tracks at the East end of LHC, and failed to find them! Guess I have to go back and look some more next year! I did camp at Alstrom Point exactly where you were, and it was fantastic except for the 30mph winds.

Greg@RME

Adventurer
Very good trip report! I was on LHC on 10/19 in the middle of a 10 day Utah trip, and I don't recall seeing that washout. On several days of my trip I noticed that I was one of the first vehicles on the roads after they had been bladed, so maybe that was the case with LHC. I also stopped to look at the dinosaur tracks at the East end of LHC, and failed to find them! Guess I have to go back and look some more next year! I did camp at Alstrom Point exactly where you were, and it was fantastic except for the 30mph winds.

I think the local County road crews do a lot of work to keep those roads open, I wouldn't doubt that they fixed that washout pretty quickly! We had to hike up the hill a ways to find the Dino tracks, they were well worth the effort. I have camped on the edge of a cliff before and experienced massive winds... was very thankful that it was calm & quiet the night we camped at Alstrom Point!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles