Inka Outdoor Trailers

HikerBiker

Inka Door Seals

Hi Michael,
I am building a teardrop trailer myself (over a year into it now!) and planning my doors. I'm really interested in how Inka does their door seals as other door seals and doors look like junk to me. Would you have any closeup pictures of the seals on the door itself and of the door jamb? They look top notch and I'd like to make sure that I build something that won't leak and destroy all the work I've done. I can't really find any close up pics on the web to help me figure out what to do.
Thanks for any help you can provide!
HikerBiker

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Hey Michael,

Just found your thread here. I'm very interested in the Venture. I'm also talking with Mario at AT. But like you, the galley and cabin are very big selling points with me. I like the idea of have cabinets with doors standard on them. Thanks for mentioning the places you have traveled with the Venture. You are probably doing exactly what I hope to do at the max in utilizing this teardrop. My wife retires this summer. We want to get to the New England states this fall, Baja in the winter, and maybe Alaska next year. I'm not a rock crawler, just need something I can truly trust a gazillion miles from home.

Dale

GZeus24

Its been almost a year since the intro post. Can you your impressions after a year of ownership?
Thanks

Michaelbestlynd

After a year of ownership, I’m still super happy with my purchase. 40 nights spent over the course of the year, in AZ, CA, NM, UT, and CO. From the deserts of AZ to nearly 13,000 feet above Ouray, no major issues. Looking forward to many more and would do it again in a heartbeat!

CA Pass.jpg

Much appreciated!
Michael,
NICE TRAILER!!
I have an Inka OHV ordered and have a couple of quick questions if you don't mind.
What did you do for curtains on the doors? What would you change or add to your build if buying again? When pulling down the trail and the trailer bounces back and forth, how does your gear hold up with all the shifting back and forth? Any special strapping added to keep things in place? Do you have the flat tv screen inside? If so does the mount hold up to the off roading? Thanks for any input...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Michaelbestlynd

raiden1612

For curtains (when needed which is rare) I clamp our camp towels to the door struts with 2 small steel "close pins". Most everything in the kitchen and cabin stay in place pretty well even on the roughest of roads. The suspension really keeps the trailer planted and the bouncing to a minimum. No special straps needed. I do not have the TV, sorry.

About the only change I would consider is getting just a propane heater, instead of the AC/Heat combo. We haven't used the AC that much and tend to camp in climates where its a little cool rather than a little hot. That being said we have used the AC a couple times, and man it was NICE!

Hope that helps. You will love it!

raiden1612

For curtains (when needed which is rare) I clamp our camp towels to the door struts with 2 small steel "close pins". Most everything in the kitchen and cabin stay in place pretty well even on the roughest of roads. The suspension really keeps the trailer planted and the bouncing to a minimum. No special straps needed. I do not have the TV, sorry.

About the only change I would consider is getting just a propane heater, instead of the AC/Heat combo. We haven't used the AC that much and tend to camp in climates where its a little cool rather than a little hot. That being said we have used the AC a couple times, and man it was NICE!

Hope that helps. You will love it!
Thanks for the information.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz