Unimog u1300 expedition truck - Looks like its sold

Franek

Observer
We travel around the world at the moment and next year (second part of 2017) we want to sell our Mog in US, finishing the trip with backpacks through Asia. Late November 2016 we depart from Europe to Buenos Aires, first half of 2017 will travel across South America and after that enter US, where we plan to sell our Mog.

Some informations - it's MY 1986 MB Unimog U1300, prefect condition, most of the interior equipment still on warranty (10.2016). We bought it from Bundeswehr (German army) with original 28'000km on the clock (right now it's 43'000km, after South America it would be approximately 65'000km). We have all of the documents concerning any repairs and maintenance. Vehicle is registered in Poland and will be imported to US with possibility to sell it (it's over 25 years old). It's plain u1300 with no mechanical modifications. Engine OM352 non turbo. Standard suspension, transmission etc. 12,5 r20 Pirelli tires. Completely reliable and not overcomplicated vehicle.

Internal dimensions: 4m x 2,3m x 1,93m
Weight empty: 5,6t
Maximum weight: 7,49t
Diesel tanks: 550l (2x275l)
Fuel consumption: 17,5 - 18 l/100km
Solar panels: 400W
Water tanks: 220l

Concerning the 'box' - it has been manufactured in Poland, EU in 2015. Sandwich panel, 50mm thickness of walls, 60mm floor and roof. Furniture made of light plywood. All of the equipment still on warranty, reputable producers (Dometic, Waeco, Truma).

Kitchen:
2-torch gas stove, sink, gas oven with grill function, compressor fridge with freezer, lpg gas tank 35l capacity, kitchen absorber, storage

Living room:
Couch transformable into bed, isofix for child seat + next seatbelt, table, storage, water tanks (2x120l of fresh water), accesories to tank the water

Bathroom:
80cm shower, sink, ceramic toilet with electric flush and grinder, ventilation system, waterproof floor & walls

Bedroom:
Double bed 140x200, storage for books & clothes, night lighting

Trunk:
Big capacity, 11L gas tanks plug&play system, second 2-torch gas stove, led lighting, part of the trunk achievable from the living room, electrics, storage

Electrics:
New 200ah gel battery, 400W solar system, additional alternator, all lighting LED, LED 9000lm front halogen

Heating system:

Truma Combi d6 diesel heating (water and hot air)

Vehicle:
Standard U1300L, OM352 5,7L engine, big fuel tanks (2x275l of diesel), tires Pirelli 12,5r20 x 5, spare wheel on the roof with winch, new batteries (2x95ah), side awning with LED lighting Thule Orminster, Dometic Seitz windows, white MB truck paint. On the back there is possibility to mount a motorbike (there is no handle but it's possible to add it).

Cab:
New seats (from MB W124) with new Range Rover upholstery, CB radio, battery charge indicator, 12v & 24v electrics + transformator for 230v, isofix for child seat, soundproofing (engine bay and inside the cab). THERE IS A PASS BETWEEN CAB AND BOX.

Our Mog is in perfect condition, after 3 months of living (me, my wife and our 3 years old son) there are almost no signs of use. Car is lightweight and very well balanced (up/down and right/left balance), it drives smoothy. It's not the fastest vehicle in the world, but changing tires for 14,5/20 should help achieving higher speeds. As I said before - reliable and not overcomplicated.

Some pictures:

Ywunx0.jpg

GzCpUC.jpg

HkFvgp.jpg

5A80Gw.jpg

ypFveB.jpg

6nj0sC.jpg

J0VAsw.jpg

EWqqFg.jpg

kZmhcL.jpg

UHjxk4.jpg

lppwiu.jpg

zxI6xL.jpg

oFZO4n.jpg

b6efVh.jpg

mVU3QA.jpg

ytTZww.jpg

GwLcLb.jpg

2rF6Bo.jpg

e17rd9.jpg

9EKRRp.jpg

gNoyCs.jpg

The price we're looking for is about 80'000 USD or 72'000 EUR. Vehicle will be aviable in second part of 2017, in any place within US - we intend to travel across US, so we can meet anywhere.

mj.frankiewicz@wp.pl

ilazonic

Adventurer
Franek jak bedziecie w pulnocnej Californi to day snac zawsze dobze zobaczyc rodaka ktury podruzuje po swiecie w inny sposub niz wiekoszosc ludzi.

Bump for ************ build!!!!

Franek

Observer
Ben, I've written You an e-mail.

Meanwhile, next week we load our Mog on ship, it should reach Montevideo about Christmas. After that, we'll go to Paraguay to see the opening of Dakar rallye, next Ushuaia and after that north, through Chile, Bolivia, Peru, Equador and Colombia.

hermz

Wish I could register this in California. If anyone knows a way this is possible, please contact me.

giantiger

after a detailed search and study from CBP.gov, EPA.gov, DOT.gov,

I found this may not be a good news for potential buyers:

•Those imported by nonresidents for personal use not exceeding one year. The vehicle must be exported at the end of that year - there are no exceptions or extensions.

DzlToy

Explorer
This is nothing new. The regulations refer to NON RESIDENTS, meaning if you are living in the United States TEMPORARILY, then you can only bring the truck in with you for a period of one year. A good example of this is someone who comes from Switzerland, brings their MAN Unicat with them and drives from Florida to California, then goes back to Switzerland.

This regulation does not apply to importation by U.S. Citizens on a permanent basis, does not include the 25 year rule, importation for show and display, research and development, motorsport use, etc. If you are a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident, there is a completely different set of regulations which apply to vehicle importation for vehicles of all ages and types.

A MY 1986 MB Unimog U1300, does not have any importation restrictions as it is more than 25 year old. You will need to work with a Registered Importer and/or customs broker in order to import this vehicle permanently into the United States.

Questor

Huge member
Lust

:drool:

I'm interested.
I'll start selling off vehicles so I have the cash when needed.

Have a great rest of your journey.
Q~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne