M1102 Overgrown Teardrop Thingamajig For Sale or Trade

FMF

Adventurer
2012 M1102 Overgrown Teardrop Thingamajig for Sale or Trade
Big price drop!

$6,600

Feel free to call or text but please no call or text after 830 pm eastern standard time. 77five-3five4-836five.

For those of you on the fence about the trailer I have decided to list it for rent with my good friends at Overland Gear Exchange.* If you rent it and decide you can't live without her then 100% of your rental fee will go to the price.

*https://overlandgearexchange.com/ri...100-user-fmf-overgrown-m1102-teardrop-trailer

We are putting our camper up for sale or trade that we built winter of 2015. We love it but are looking for a new project. We have logged about 8,000 miles, been in MD, VA, WV, TN, NC, DE and, NJ and slept in it 21 nights. As most people are figuring out, the teardrop trailer is more convenient and way less set up time than setting up a tent or dealing with an RTT. You can pull over and sleep and then jump right back in the vehicle and carry on. Wind and rain will not bother you again especially with the 3 sided Bundutec BunduAwn.

The base construction was the legendary m1102 aluminum military trailer and we built up. We guesstimate it to be about 2,000 lbs, but have not officially weighed it. I chose to switch out the brakes to 12x2 electric drum brakes with 6 lug Toyota hubs to make an interchangeable spare with my truck. The wheels are Toyota 80 series Landcruiser wheels with 255/85 R16 BFG KM2's. Going with this size allows for 27" ground clearance at the body and 18" at the axel. We beefed up the walls with 3/4 inch 8-ply plywood with waterproof glue and sealed with west systems epoxy (reinforcing the corners and seams with fiberglass cloth and more west systems epoxy 2 gallons). Making it able to take offroad abuse and keep us nice and dry. We chose to go bold on the color and used 3 gallons of "Don't Yell at me Yellow" Monstaliner for all the walls and used reflective solar paint for the roof. We placed a weather-resistant tongue box on the front of the trailer which is what houses are power system. I chose 2-100w Renology solar panels mounted to the roof that charge a group 31 amg Duracell 110ah. All power is distributed through a blue sea fuse panel and breaker. As long as there is an ounce of sun, this system will run the refrigerator indefinitely (you can have overcast, you can have shade, but you can't have both). We had this running for 8 weeks straight and the battery never went below 12.7V. We also have a stainless steel side table that stores easily inside during travel.

Inside sports an 6 inch memory foam queen size mattress, a small child bunkbed above the queen in the front of camper, 12V outlets, LED lighting (super bright!), reversible 3 speed fantastic fan, a Kenmore 5k btu AC (ran with outside generator), a Nova-Cool 12V 36-qt marine upright refrigerator, hooks for your stuff to hang, as well as, craftsman baskets for storage. The front and back walls and roof are insulated with 3/4 xpf R4 foam and an eco-friendly in/outdoor carpet made from recycled plastic bottles, the side walls are just the carpet. The floor is spray foam insulated, topped with the same 3/4 inch plywood as the rest of the trailer and then laminate wood flooring. It is cold in the summer and warm in the winter.

The 1 and only bad thing is the awning was damaged on our last trip. It still functions but does have approximately 12 slits that are bout 1/4 inch long that need to be patched, the company sent us a new awning cover under there no questions asked lifetime replacement warranty. This is a review I wrote for our friend's blog about the awning-http://dirtroadtrip.com/blog/gear/bundutec-bunduawn-review/

Build Page
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/156288-M1102-Overgrown-Teardrop-Thingamajig-Build

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

realwarrior

Realwarrior
GLWS! This is my favorite trailer of all time. I wish I was in a place to buy this.
Mine too. I remember the build well. GLWS, I know that you and your wife built this together and it will be bittersweet parting with the trailer.

FMF

Adventurer
Sweet trailer! What's it weigh? GLWS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am guessing around 2k pounds. I am trying to find a place around my that can weigh her.

Awesome trailer

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thanks!

GLWS! This is my favorite trailer of all time. I wish I was in a place to buy this.

Thanks man! That means a lot to us!

Mine too. I remember the build well. GLWS, I know that you and your wife built this together and it will be bittersweet parting with the trailer.

We had an absolute blast with it and it actually help our marriage grow stronger. Lots of patience, communication in a way the we each can understand and forgiveness on the little things. It will be sad to see it go. It actual dose every thing we want it to and we love even more every time we use it. But with each camping setup we build or buy it gets us one step closer to figuring out what we ultimately want. We thing a 4x4 diesel class B or small C would be a great setup for us next.

Help us to sell it by spreading the word that she is up for sale.

FinsUp

Adventurer
Bump.
I cannot believe this hasn't sold yet. This is my dream camper and I wish I was in a position to buy it. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online