Overland fridge/freezer or just fridge?

67cj5

Man On a Mission
An update. I sold the ARB47 without really trying it while Overlanding. The NL Weekender has been a great unit. As it happens, you can fit an NL 50 Weekender in a JeepKitchen if you are comfortable with modifying the drawer slides with a die grinder & combining it with the NL locking plate.

The NL has been running 24/7, either in my kitchen or my Jeep for ~ 6 months and hasn't skipped a beat. To be fair, I have carried frozen goods around in the 10L freezer, but have yet to use them at camp. But, if I choose, I can "Freeze shXt Yo!".

Well done, glad you are happy with your fridge, I don't think you were anal about it, the point is they are not cheap regardless of the brand and you have to buy one that suits your needs because you have got live with it for a long time just like the household fridge freezers, I had wanted one for years and in a moment of madness I bought the ARB 47L and I am glad I did because a couple of months back the household freezer threw a fit and at 01:00 am I was rushing around trying to find a place to put all the food, then I remembered the ARB and the worry was over, I sorted the household freezer and put the food back in it and life was good again, Remembering that I had the ARB put a smile on my face even though it was way past my bedtime,

Now I want to buy the 80L model, even though I have not invented a reason to buy it, Lol.

John.

vartz04

Adventurer
Well done, glad you are happy with your fridge, I don't think you were anal about it, the point is they are not cheap regardless of the brand and you have to buy one that suits your needs because you have got live with it for a long time just like the household fridge freezers, I had wanted one for years and in a moment of madness I bought the ARB 47L and I am glad I did because a couple of months back the household freezer threw a fit and at 01:00 am I was rushing around trying to find a place to put all the food, then I remembered the ARB and the worry was over, I sorted the household freezer and put the food back in it and life was good again, Remembering that I had the ARB put a smile on my face even though it was way past my bedtime,

Now I want to buy the 80L model, even though I have not invented a reason to buy it, Lol.

John.

Same thing happened to me last month. The cheap Della freezer did the trick. My wife thought i was stupid for buying it but it paid for itself in that one occurance. Now we use it as an overflow freezer or just to hold all of my Arctic ice ice packs unless I end up going somewhere with it.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Same thing happened to me last month. The cheap Della freezer did the trick. My wife thought i was stupid for buying it but it paid for itself in that one occurance. Now we use it as an overflow freezer or just to hold all of my Arctic ice ice packs unless I end up going somewhere with it.

Funny that Aye, I got all the normal comments like "What" do you need that for, but when she saw the price of them she was not impressed, But the threat of having to throw out all that food in the early Hours soon got her mind right, Lol.

over the past 22+ years I have had 1 household fridge die and one household freezer, If only I had one back then.

TwinStick

Explorer
Our 82 qt ARB has also been running since the day we got it, as an overflow fridge. The 50 qt spends a lot of time in the 4Runner when we go out, shopping or whatever. It is so nice to see something you can't get around where you live (foodwise) & just buy it & put it in the ARB till you get home, or have ice cold drinks whenever you want without having to worry about ice.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Our 82 qt ARB has also been running since the day we got it, as an overflow fridge. The 50 qt spends a lot of time in the 4Runner when we go out, shopping or whatever. It is so nice to see something you can't get around where you live (foodwise) & just buy it & put it in the ARB till you get home, or have ice cold drinks whenever you want without having to worry about ice.
Back in Late January I also bought the 82Q, I already had the 47L/50Qt but I was so impressed with the 50 I just had to buy the 82Q, And I must say it is a beast, Life has not allowed me to test it out yet but I know with having both of them I could Tour for months and not go short on Chow, not to mention the amount of brewski's it can hold, that's a combined effort of 192/3 Cans, I can live with that, LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles