Solar panel connection question

1Louder

Explorer
Pretty sure Overland Solar uses Anderson Connections. If your Yeti has that you are good to go. Otherwise you will likely need to wire something up. OS also sells a Anderson to SAE plug cable adapter. SAE plugs are cheap and can be found on Amazon for under $10.00

Edit:
From Goal Zero via Google Search:
"Thanks for reaching out to Goal Zero! The APP is direct to the battery. It is not linked to the charge controller. You will need an external charge controller. The APP port specs are 12V, 33A. If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us by phone at 1-888-794-6250 or by email at support@goalzero.com and we will be able to assist you further. Have a great solar day!"

So you have Anderson on your panel and the panel has a controller. This means you should just be able to use the panel directly.

Last edited:
Okay just wondering. I have the yeti 150,I wanted to mount a panel or 2 to my roof rack and connect to my Goalzero 150.

Besides mc4 to 8mm adapter, or anderson plugs to 8mm, so I need to worry about a charge controller?

I have 1 bolder series 30 panel. The out put on the back I think is the charge controller? I know it has an input for other panels. I use to link 4 30 series panels together but somebody stole 3 of them.... so 1 have 1 left and they are $$ so help me out.
New panels I was looking in Amazon. Saw 100W panels. (Don't know of better place to look)
Can I Hook them in to my yeti 150 directly, or into the back of the bolder 30 etc. Does the new panels need a charging controller? Sorry I'm just overwhelmed and frustrated at the cost and having to replace my panels. I just want to save some money. Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles