2007 NPS 300 ISUZU MOTOR HOME BUILD

trackadda

Observer
sprins and chassis 011.jpg sprins and chassis 012.jpg sprins and chassis 014.jpg sprins and chassis 017.jpg this is something we also found and i hope it is an easy repair, crack is on rh side rail between fuel tank mounting points. does not look to have gone any further than what the photos show but will be able to see more when we get the tray off

asep

Can I ask what you paid for the truck? Auction or yard?
How many kms
Currently looking for something similar.
All the best with your build.

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
this is something we also found and i hope it is an easy repair, crack is on rh side rail between fuel tank mounting points. does not look to have gone any further than what the photos show but will be able to see more when we get the tray off

Yeah I'd show that crack to someone like Rob or Bully over at Paulger Brothers in Yandina. That should be right up their alley. You've got two things going on there in this area of the crack.....right where the tank swings and also at the last tray mount before the chassis step. You definitely need to consider spring mounts for your camper build, heh?

The front springs look up to original spec but sure I'd be looking to upgrade once you've got your build underway and then if it's in the budget. Can't tell much about the rear without weight.

trackadda

Observer
Can I ask what you paid for the truck? Auction or yard?
How many kms
Currently looking for something similar.
All the best with your build.

hi mate, truck is a 2007 build but first registered by ergon 12/2008 and has 108,000ks, bought through east coast trucks in brisbane. was advertised at $34,900 plus on road costs but i got it for $30,000 as is and very happy with that so far. i looked at a lot of online auctions but prices paid seemed high to me most of the time. keep an eye on gumtree and have a look at setting up a search on findads.com. are you after a single cab or duel cab? seemed to be heaps of dual cabs out there. Gary

trackadda

Observer
Yeah I'd show that crack to someone like Rob or Bully over at Paulger Brothers in Yandina. That should be right up their alley. You've got two things going on there in this area of the crack.....right where the tank swings and also at the last tray mount before the chassis step. You definitely need to consider spring mounts for your camper build, heh?
thanks again john, is this a bit common on these, was wondering if the crane on the left rear may have been used without the prop down a few times. may have to see if i can find a mobile welder that knows his stuff as truck is not registered atm, do you know of any? spring mounts will be definatly part of the build.
The front springs look up to original spec but sure I'd be looking to upgrade once you've got your build underway and then if it's in the budget. Can't tell much about the rear without weight.
as suggested i will leave the suspension untill the end when i know what i am dealing with weight wise

whatcharterboat

No don't know any I would recommend nor would I trust to do this sort of job. It should be done by someone who is familiar with truck chassis. I'd wait till the truck is mobile. It's not like it's going to get any worse sitting in your shed.

Tourboy

Observer
No don't know any I would recommend nor would I trust to do this sort of job. It should be done by someone who is familiar with truck chassis. I'd wait till the truck is mobile. It's not like it's going to get any worse sitting in your shed.

If you can't find anyone local there is always AWD Engineering in Bundy. They do truck chassis mods (shortening, lengthening, extra axles, body building. trailers etc) and also mod plates. I have been using them for years for my heavy structural jobs ie bus 4wd conversions.

whatcharterboat

If you can't find anyone local there is always AWD Engineering in Bundy. They do truck chassis mods (shortening, lengthening, extra axles, body building. trailers etc) and also mod plates. I have been using them for years for my heavy structural jobs ie bus 4wd conversions.

There should be plenty of local shops who can do this..... I just don't know of any mobile guys. It's really good to have the Bundy guys mentioned here though. Thanks.

trackadda

Observer
hi again, well after 6 months my project is on the move, not moving very fast but moving. Crane and boxs all sold and tray going this week i hope. Have cleaned down chassis and running gear, striped out most of interior and cleaned in prep for penatrol coating and sound deadner when dry. Next step will be prep for respray. Very happy with no real rust found, only on chipped paint work and scratches.

Attachments

• truck interior clean 030.jpg
    truck interior clean 030.jpg
    537.1 KB · Views: 36
  • truck interior clean 033.jpg
    truck interior clean 033.jpg
    558.3 KB · Views: 45
  • truck interior clean 008.jpg
    truck interior clean 008.jpg
    533.2 KB · Views: 39
  • truck interior clean 017.jpg
    truck interior clean 017.jpg
    534.4 KB · Views: 36

trackadda

Observer
that has been a while, over 12 months since my last up date but i have progressed a fair bit, just haven't posted updates. preped for respray
truck respray 4 2017 013.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles