2017 F350 4x4 diesel

Rax

Anyone have one yet? May be too early for owner reviews. I like the fact they put weight savings from aluminum body into stronger boxed frame. Aluminum bed also thicker than 1/2 ton's. Some interesting technology available for towing and safety.

adam88

Explorer
www.powerstrokearmy.com if you want the best forum out there... ALOT of performance oriented guys though, just a heads up...

Seems like powerstrokearmy is more geared towards hormone fueled males aged 17 to 25. Anytime I went there I saw lots of swearing, fighting and immature posts. I tend to prefer www.powerstroke.org because it has straight to the point posts and no drama.

Besides that though, the main reason I use powerstroke.org is the new forum software. I can't stand to use old vbulletin software forums anymore. Expeditionportal is guilty of this too. The new software is SO much better. It tells you when someone replies to your post, or gives you a thumbs up etc. you can track your posts so much better. Powerstrokearmy uses old forum software. Makes me want to smash like hulk.

LovinPSDs

Adventurer
there are alot of 12, 14 and even 16" wide rims over there trying to impress people, that's for sure. I still find it's got the most activity but perhaps that was back when I was looking to build a "toy truck" a well.

Also Ford-trucks.com.

I believe the SRW diesels only come with 3.31 or 3.55 still. With the 6.7L diesel, little difference between the 2, unless you get up to the 37"+ tire range and still want to tow heavy

Gassers have the 4.30 as an option I believe

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
You have to get the 4.30 with the 6.2L gasser. Anything less won't work out well. The diesel has options, the gasser needs that gear.

One of our fleet 6.2's just exploded. $8000. Lost a cyclinder, I don't have the facts yet. I may not ever. But word of warning, Ford only offers a 3yr, 60,000 mile warranty on the engine. We hit 60k in a year. That truck is also 2000# overloaded and driven hard. I'm not judging yet. Mine's been solid.

Last edited:

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I've had my 2017 for 3 weeks now, and I love it. Ended up with the diesel 3.55 w/e-lock. Mileage is slowly improving, its getting right at 15mpg with 34.8 tall tires on it.

BSG

The wash board to and from the Race Track Playa is rough. The new F250 is doable, I was doing 10 to 20 mph, and aired down to 50 pounds in the tires, much over 12 mph was ok, it's a trip not race out there. I got passed by others but we had no flats, and a couple others trucks did. It's bumpy but doable in the new superduty.

bigskypylot

Explorer
The wash board to and from the Race Track Playa is rough. The new F250 is doable, I was doing 10 to 20 mph, and aired down to 50 pounds in the tires, much over 12 mph was ok, it's a trip not race out there. I got passed by others but we had no flats, and a couple others trucks did. It's bumpy but doable in the new superduty.

Carli suspension upgrade in your future?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior