Intech RV

jingram

Adventurer
I saw these at Expo East also and I thought it looked mighty bare. However I haven't been able to get this thing off my mind. I have a hard time justifying the expense of a dedicated trailer for camping and the idea that I have something that is dual purpose is extremely appealing to me! I have been needing an enclosed trailer for a while and something that can hold 4x8 sheets of plywood laying flat is a perfect size. I wish it were 6"-10" taller is my only hold back. I haul rolling clothes racks and I don't know that all of them would fit vertically at a max height of 64" inside.
This thing checks off all of my criteria except for a toilet.

It does seem pretty flexible. How was the slide out kitchen setup?

I'm interested in it, simply because I have a couple of little ones. I can use out the tip out bed module and still have the mattress setup on the ground. I can also haul two kayaks on the rack in addition to the two on my Xterra. I've looked at teardrops pretty extensively, but at the end of the day, they are all glued and screwed together, some with a bit of frame bracing, but that's it. This at least has an aluminum tube frame. That coupled with the two bed setup and the ability to haul an ATV if I wanted to, seems REALLY flexible.

That being said, I'm out in Oregon. It takes a major commitment for me to come take a look at one before purchase.

ratled

Adventurer
Here is one listed FS, XLT non toy hauler (lowest priced) with roof AC and Napier SUV tent for $8,395. That is a decent price considering the comp and it has RV roof ac and not a $100 window unit http://victorycustomtrailers.com/product/5x9-xlt-flyer-rv/. I did send for a current price list and will post it once I get it

Also noticed there are quite a few on RV trader

ratled

FS XLT.jpg

Last edited:

ratled

Adventurer
I received a very fast response from Rich at Intech. I tried to upload the pdf they sent but it was too large for the uploader. I think this is my plan B. While there is no one model that covers everything I want, just the way I want, these do come as close as any manufactured unit I have found so far. BTW, Plan A is a build based on Hamthis's and rutdiggers builds. Too bad all of the local dealers are in the hartland and the east.

Thanks jingram for posting this thread.

ratled

Here is the base pricing
XLT FLYER $6,743.25
MAX FLYER $9,443.25
XLT FLYER PLUS $9,443.25
MAX FLYER PLUS $12,143.25

Here is a sample of the pricing they included for the options
UPGRADE TO 120V/12V REFRIGERATOR FROM 12V ONLY $641.25
ADD LP TANK TO TONGUE OF TRAILER $67.50
ADD 12V POWER ROOF VENT IN FRONT OF A/C LOCATION $67.50
9.2K A/C W/HEAT STRIP $1,012.50
MAXX AIR POWER VENT w/HANDHELD REMOTE CONTROL $384.75
ADD TIP-OUT BED TO R/S WALL (INCLUDES REMOVABLE DINETTE TABLE & 78" X 48" MATTRESS) $1,552.50
(2) 29" X 78" X 4" TWIN FOAM MATTRESSES $303.75
ROOF RACK SYSTEM (WITH OR WITHOUT A/C) $337.50
SPARE TIRE ON 14" ALUMINUM WHEEL - MOUNT ON EXTERIOR SIDE WALL $202.50
UPGRADE TO LT235/75R15 OFFROAD TIRES w/ALUMINUM SPARE TIRE ON EXTERIOR SIDE WALL $742.50
ADD EXTERIOR CABLE INLET w/INTERIOR OUTLET & 12V POWER $67.50
UPGRADE TO EXTRUDED ALUMINUM FLOORING $135.00
ADD CARPET KIT FOR TRAILER INTERIOR $243.00
BLACK COIN FLOORING ON MAPLE OR CHERRY DÉCOR IN LIEU OF TILE VINYL FLOORING NO CHARGE

JK-Duff

Overland Novice
I have one on order and will take delivery in a couple weeks. I'll post a review when I get a chance.

Gary

bamabrock

Observer
Good points, I also saw the review on a RUNAWAY CAMPER seems very similar to the Hiker Trailer, they make a RangeRunner 6x5 wide for a great price 4995.00, Not for rockcrawling but they look very well made!

It is nice to have choices in this great market!

Here are the specs: Runaway RangeRunner 6x8

Tubular Steel Frame Construction
3500lb. Rated Dexter RV Axle w/EasyLube Hubs
Dual Folding Stabilzer Jacks
Front Jack with removable wheel
15" White Spoke Wheels & Tires
Poly laminate undercoated floor
Runaways Triple-Seal Cabin Construction provides maximum weather resistance
30"x20" Tinted Safety Glass Windows
Two - 22"x42" RV Locking Entry Doors w/Keys
3/4" Birch Finish plywood wall construction
High Quality Easy to Clean Vinyl Flooring
Charcoal Gray Headliner
Two - 110v Power Strips w/Standard Connection
10" Deep Storage Shelf
Aluminum Exterior w/ Baked Enamel Finish
Rot-proof PVC Exterior Trim
2" Ball
Standard 4-Prong Trailer Light Connection
Rear Accessory Hitch
5,000 btu A/C with Marine Grade Vinyl Cover
LED Tail Lights
Bottom Mounted Spare Tire
Front Cargo Rack
Diamond Plate Fenders and Front Wall Protector
Weight: 900lb. (varies slightly accorcing to options)
Interior: 70.5"W x 94.5"L x 42-46"H
Overall Dimensions 11'4"L x 65"H x 94"W

View attachment 372737

I have seen one of these and was impressed. I wonder if they will sell just the pod to use on a chassis I provide?

MrOffshore

Observer
IMG_6780.jpg
The above is one of the latest inTech Flyers...this is the MAX Flyer with the slideout kitchenette...it has been equipped with a foxwing awning and a roof top tent...nice setup. The micro lite camper also includes a custom full vinyl wrap. A fraction of the cost of a typical "overland trailer" and built with an all-aluminum, all-tube, fully welded cage frame. Built to truly last a lifetime.

Mine pictured here...
IMG_6313.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6796.jpg
    IMG_6796.jpg
    531.4 KB · Views: 383

Shooter235

Mine pictured here...

Did you do all of the customizing yourself? I spoke with Rich at Intech and he flat refused to talk about any kind of custom work. I mean would not even listen to my ideas, not even on small items such as hub bolt pattern. Wasn't to impressed with his ambition to work with the consumer.

jus passin thru

Adventurer
Read about the Intech Max Flyer here and went to Toms camperland n Mesa AZ and looked at his sold units and ordered one which I should get in May. I wanted something that I could park pull out the chairs maybe put up an awanings and call it done. A 10' trailer with slide out kitchen gives you 8 feet of floor space, 6.5' to sleep 1.5' for porta potty etc. happy wife happy life. Got tired of ground tents, cots and rolling up pads and bags they are fine when you stay for a while but when you move every day it's just too much. But then I'm a ROF. Mike

EZap

I was ready to buy a Max Flyer but I have a couple of concerns. It's aluminum skinned and dragging this trailer off the road could punture and tear. A traditional teardrop is ply sides covered in aluminum, less likely to tear when encountering branches off-road. Also I looked up the Axle Intech are using and it's recommended to have 3" of clearance between the wheel and finder. I don't think they have correct clearance. I could be wrong. Just a thought.

JCDriller

Adventurer
The new Adventure series looks pretty cool if you're going to stick to campgrounds or light off-roading. It's dual axle and has 82" of interior height. Weight is 3100lbs, 4000lb cargo capacity and can have dual flip out beds rated at 1100lbs each. They say it'll hold a 4 door Razor too and retail is less than 20k. Would make a great camper if you want to do your own build out.

17308803_619917981532451_5229674251217424415_n.jpg

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
The new Adventure series looks pretty cool if you're going to stick to campgrounds or light off-roading. It's dual axle and has 82" of interior height. Weight is 3100lbs, 4000lb cargo capacity and can have dual flip out beds rated at 1100lbs each. They say it'll hold a 4 door Razor too and retail is less than 20k. Would make a great camper if you want to do your own build out.

Wow, less than $20k? Guessing that will be the XLT and MAX variants will run a little more? That first looks like a doozy. MAX with kitchen and dual tip-out bunks?

16819374_607803462743903_4505777662704553184_o.jpg

16819340_607803496077233_8407360734538242048_o.jpg

Honestly I think the 'regular' PLUS model hits a sweet spot in size/weight, but I'll bet this dual-axle is gonna be popular. Kudos to you guys. :beer:

jus passin thru

Adventurer
The other day I wrote about ordering an Intech Max Flyer and gave my reasons. Here are a few more. Intech is a real trailer company that has been building trailers for many years and sells through dealers. The chance of getting what you paid for and getting it fixed are pretty good. There have been many stories on this forum where that hasn't been true. It will fit in my garage. It was about half the cost of a SoCal teardrop. Am I giving up something to be at a lower price point sure, but I will have something that will fit needs and it doesn't have to go around with he world it just has to conquer the southwest and it will do that. Would I rather have a Moby1 hell yes, can I afford one hell no. Could I save some more money probably but when you are in your mid 70's you take a shorter view of somethings. I'm really happy that my wife are still able to poke around the desert and I truely know I'm not ever going to do the Rubicon again so I really don't have to own a trailer that will do it. Mike

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Everything looked great in that video. Until I realized there is no water/sink/basin. Kinda would like some kind if water system. Even a simple one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles