Intech RV

CraigS

Ordered my XLT Flyer Plus today. (toy hauler) 6'WX10'LX5'-10"H with tip out, Ac/heat, roof rack and awning, weight approx. 1400 lbs. to be pulled with a Jeep JKU....From Acres RV And outdoors in Livingston Texas. I should get it the end of April.

this unit doesn't have any of the amenities such as bathroom, sink, etc...but that's OK. ...cuts down on weight...we will compromise with portable units...the perfect setup for our needs of state park camping and some a little primitive camping in Big Bend National Park...

EZap

So I visited a dealer in Moyock ,NC and was very impressed. I think I would modify a few think to make it a little more off road worthy but they are some minor details. I have a solution to adding a Max Coupler and a few trim pieces on the rear corners for added protection. I was a nay-sayer at first, but after looking at this trailer, I think its very capable and versatile. I would like to hear from guys with 5gen 4Runners to see how they do towing 2,000 lbs around trails. Now to find the trails on the east coast!!! Help... Thanks for any input. Also met the salesmen who sold the Intech in the above video.

Thanks
Zap

Pressurized

We've had our Max Flyer for a couple of months now and it's been out every other weekend since we got it. Still lots of customizing to do... The lift kit is ordered (currently on back-order), but I'm going to go even higher by another 3/4" for a total of 3-3/8" over stock. Working on a road shower for hot water on top, an axe and shovel mount, a couple Rotopax for emergency water and fuel, and some cabinets inside for additional food storage (pantry). Tows nice, but we are still adding to the rear of the trailer to offset some tongue weight, that kitchen is heavy. Right now I carry 2 - 5 gallon jugs for daily use water and we have a 100qt chest which all fits perfectly across the back. Our longest outing so far has been 4 days and 3 nights. But that's been limited by work/life etc. We'll keep fine tuning until we are comfortable for a 7-8 day trek. Hoping we can get to a 2 week outing with just basic resupply, like water. etc.

Here it is out in the wild:

In the wild.jpg

And a quick look inside:

Prepped for sleep.jpg

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
...The lift kit is ordered (currently on back-order), but I'm going to go even higher by another 3/4" for a total of 3-3/8" over stock... Here it is out in the wild:

attachment.php

Loving the dirty trailer picture!

Details on said 'lift kit'? And how would you go higher? Just using extended shackles for the leaf springs? Also, with said lift would you be able to comfortably walk under an awning mounted to the roof rack?

I noticed on their site the specs say the overall height with their roof rack is 74.5in, but I figured an awning would be a little lower being mounted to the side of the rack.

JCDriller

Adventurer
How much space is between the end of the mattress and the inside of the rear door? I really don't care for the galley set up, wondering if one could build a traditional teardrop galley with interior cabinets and convert the forward compartment to slide out storage.

jus passin thru

Adventurer
I picked up my trailer and plan to use it for the first time this weekend. The floor is 97" long it will Carry a sheet of dry wall. I use 6'6" to sleep and 19" for a porta potty etc. . If you don't want the kitchen buy a 5x10 something else. What lift kit are you using and where are you getting it. B cause I just got the trailer I haven't looked into it and I'm just being lazy hopping by to use someone else's research. Mike

Pressurized

Loving the dirty trailer picture!

Details on said 'lift kit'? And how would you go higher? Just using extended shackles for the leaf springs? Also, with said lift would you be able to comfortably walk under an awning mounted to the roof rack?

I noticed on their site the specs say the overall height with their roof rack is 74.5in, but I figured an awning would be a little lower being mounted to the side of the rack.

Their axle is a Dexter #9 torsion. It bolts directly to the frame on both sides. The lift kit is just a spacer that goes between the axle and frame. It's designed to bolt directly to the frame, but by design I can put in an additional spacer between the lift kit and the axle. The top of my rack right over the axle is about 76" right now. It will be over 79" when lifted and if the awning is down about 4", it should be around 75". I'm hoping to do a Foxwing.... I think it will be easy enough to walk under. I'm 6'0" and feeling confident.

:coffeedrink: http://www.dexterpartsonline.com/product/K71-723-01 Google that part number and you can find it for pretty cheap.

How much space is between the end of the mattress and the inside of the rear door? I really don't care for the galley set up, wondering if one could build a traditional teardrop galley with interior cabinets and convert the forward compartment to slide out storage.

There is 18-1/2" from the mattress to the door. We have found the rear doors are by far our favorite way to enter and exit allowing shoe removal, etc. But here is what that looks like for traveling:chest.jpg

There have been some interesting mods I've seen too. Here is a conversion of the refrigerator area to a sink and running water faucet.kitchen mod.jpg

One other BIG thing for me that wasn't mentioned in my first post, is the planned addition of a 12v/propane furnace. The Propex 2000 is specifically sized for teardrop campers and minivan conversions (think VW). It will make a huge difference in the ability to handle colder temperatures during an expedition.

http://www.propexheatsource.com/heaters/hs2000-furnace/

Silverhorse

Adventurer
I spoke to a salesman there and mentioned my interest in adding a XL RTT he wasn't keen on the idea. seemed worried about the strength of the frame, surprisingly. So I moved on in my search....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles