Intech RV

Pressurized

I picked up my trailer and plan to use it for the first time this weekend. The floor is 97" long it will Carry a sheet of dry wall. I use 6'6" to sleep and 19" for a porta potty etc. . If you don't want the kitchen buy a 5x10 something else. What lift kit are you using and where are you getting it. B cause I just got the trailer I haven't looked into it and I'm just being lazy hopping by to use someone else's research. Mike

Well Mike, we'll have to get the AZ Intech crew together for some White Mountain camping.

I spoke to a salesman there and mentioned my interest in adding a XL RTT he wasn't keen on the idea. seemed worried about the strength of the frame, surprisingly. So I moved on in my search....

Not sure why that would be an issue...
15896214_587469791443937_5200077496949332645_o.jpg

jus passin thru

Adventurer
Just got back from my first Intech adventure to Mt. Graham AZ. These trailers need to be lifted no two ways about it. I don't know if my Dometic refer doesn't work correctly or they just aren't any way near as good as the ARB I keep in the back of my Jeep. I went to Dometic for help and the useless guy finally asked me if I was sure I had a Dometic product and then decided he hadn't been trained on it, they pay these people ?. The trailer was great just to little clearance at the fenders to be driven on a gravel state hwy.I don't think I would try a forest service road until I get it lifted. Mike

CraigS

First Pic.jpg

Finally got my Flyer+ More pics to come. Headed out next weekend.

Attachments

• 13516560_598370863656984_6989302043916474103_n.jpg
    13516560_598370863656984_6989302043916474103_n.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 173

jus passin thru

Adventurer
My last post was a little negative. I should be clear , this a great well made trailer it just needs to be lifted so the tires don't hit the fenders on a road that cars drive on. We are really glad that we got this over a more traditional tear drop. If push comes to shove weatherwise you can put the matress on side and put folding chairs inside. Mike

Matt.H

Adventurer
My last post was a little negative. I should be clear , this a great well made trailer it just needs to be lifted so the tires don't hit the fenders on a road that cars drive on. We are really glad that we got this over a more traditional tear drop. If push comes to shove weatherwise you can put the matress on side and put folding chairs inside. Mike

ANY elaboration would help and be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
How large was the load?
Road conditions; washboard, rocks, trail?
Approximate speed when bottoming out over what obstacle?

jus passin thru

Adventurer
This doesn't get better with explanation. The road is a mountain gravel Az state hwy that has some washboard but had just been bladed people were driving cars on it. It has a speed limit of 25 mph I was going slower because of the drop offs. The trailer had minimal load, sleeping bags, cloths, port a potty, pillows, pots and pans there was only produce, eggs and bread in the refer because it worked so poorly. Water and food were in the Jeep. The trailer has led marker lights on top of the fenders, this lightly loaded trailer on a car travel able road was able to bounce a tire off the inside of the fender and push the lights off, there is a little over a 1 1/2"of clearance between the fender and the tire. I have read that 2 1/2 is necessary this should have been worked out by the factory. A 2 1/2" lift will take care of it and then it will be a great trailer, should I have to do this? The Dometic Refer will reach 40' if the outside temp is 70' and about 50' if it is 90' out. My ARB will do 0' but then bread and produce has to go somewhere. It will be a really great trailer with a lift but is sure lacking now. Hope that answers your questions. Mike

I may be picking up an XLT. Sub'd for more information. I saw the XLT+ in person today and was just too tall. And they definitely need to be lifted.

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
This doesn't get better with explanation. The road is a mountain gravel Az state hwy that has some washboard but had just been bladed people were driving cars on it. It has a speed limit of 25 mph I was going slower because of the drop offs. The trailer had minimal load, sleeping bags, cloths, port a potty, pillows, pots and pans there was only produce, eggs and bread in the refer because it worked so poorly. Water and food were in the Jeep. The trailer has led marker lights on top of the fenders, this lightly loaded trailer on a car travel able road was able to bounce a tire off the inside of the fender and push the lights off, there is a little over a 1 1/2"of clearance between the fender and the tire. I have read that 2 1/2 is necessary this should have been worked out by the factory. A 2 1/2" lift will take care of it and then it will be a great trailer, should I have to do this? The Dometic Refer will reach 40' if the outside temp is 70' and about 50' if it is 90' out. My ARB will do 0' but then bread and produce has to go somewhere. It will be a really great trailer with a lift but is sure lacking now. Hope that answers your questions. Mike

That confirms what I assumed after spending a few min looking at their trailers. Not sure what you paid but the models I looked at were between 9-15k and I sure wouldn't pay that to put more money into a lift, storage etc so I don't think you should have to lift their product but that's just my opinion. The salesman I spoke with even made the comment that they really aren't meant for off highway use. Also it seems there is a major disconnect between what intech tells potential customers and what their dealers say. I was told absolutely no putting a RTT on their stuff. I even asked intech (not a dealer) about an awning be it arb, foxwing etc and was told that it was not recommended. A buddy sent me this a couple of days ago. This is from the exact place I went to look at their product which totally contradicts what their corporate office told me. :rolleyes:

vp4843072_11a1_large.jpg

Pressurized

Hey Outside somewhere, I can only say that I have had multiple conversations with Rich at Intech and they definitely contradict the information you were given. All of my use has been off road and I see no issues with continuing that. I am lifting to match up with my lifted Jeep. But at $50 for the lift kit, I'm not going to squabble about that. If the research and information you have obtained is steering you away from an Intech, that's too bad, but it is what it is. I paid just over $10k for a Max Flyer. Having spent time in plenty of Little Guys, the Max Flyer is a huge step up in comfort and interior space and it's less expensive.

I'm sure that I'm biased because I made the plunge... But it wasn't before lots of comparisons.
Prepped for sleep.jpg

These guys did a double Foxwing on their Max Flyer.
dual foxwing.jpg

Pressurized

I wish I could find a picture of one with an axle flip to get an idea of how much height that would give me...

There is no axle flip, it's a Dexter #9 torsion axle. There is a 2-5/8" lift kit available directly from Dexter for about $50. There is a photo of one lifted, I'll see if I can find it and post it up.

Matt.H

Adventurer
Rich has been great in responding to questions. I have no dealer near me so just to go look at what one dealer may have is an investment of time and MPG/$.

What draws me to them is the quality of the trailers that I have seen around the NHMS area. Looking for something that I can sit at a workbench/table in over a Lil Guy or tear drop.

Thanks to all that are sharing their experiences with a relatively new brand.

There is no axle flip, it's a Dexter #9 torsion axle. There is a 2-5/8" lift kit available directly from Dexter for about $50. There is a photo of one lifted, I'll see if I can find it and post it up.
I found one on another forum. Is the torsion axle better for off-road? What's the benefit of that axle?

Pressurized

I found one on another forum. Is the torsion axle better for off-road? What's the benefit of that axle?

They are independent suspended and do offer a bit more ground clearance than a straight axle. But the lift kit moves the whole axle, so you get more frame clearance, but not more axle clearance.

17361809_623361921188057_8218881890374010125_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior