Intech RV

Nice! I talked to Intech as well and apparently Dexter also makes an axle that you can swap out for for another 2 inches for a total of 4-4.5 with those spacers. Frankly I'm hoping to have something larger. I'd like to get close to the height of the off-road versions of the Hiker Campers and with my two vehicle's hitch being high I would like to remove as much drop hitch as possible. I may just order a Hiker but the wait time is 6 months right now and would love to have something this summer (also Hiker doesn't have the a/c/heater option that my wife is requiring).

Matt.H

Adventurer
Couldn't you do the same but get a axle with a different degree of down angle ? I had my axle built with a 45 degree down angle

Yes, this is the other option but would need to be done by the buyer apparently. Do you have the 45 degree with an Intech?

If I were to purchase inTech the biggest concern would be the suspension. Brought to inTech's attention overnight and exchanged emails.

On a side note; I wish dealers would have a standard 6' pole that they used to show the size of the RV/trailers on their lots. When a 5'2" lady holds her arms out and says "this space" I am easily confused. LOL :********:

Matt.H

Adventurer
:clapsmile YES, lol!

For anyone not getting the joke - https://youtu.be/rKSgkR8sjOQ?t=196

It seems that those that are interested we are all finding the same links and videos. The best source I found was to finally email inTech and get the PDF.

Still without knowing the size of a Cooper Mini, I drive a truck, I have no sense of spatial reference. Give me a well fed 6'4" spokesman who states how tall he is. OR put a tow vehicle in some of the pictures. We are all going off pictures on the web. :coffeedrink:

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
IntechRV Model Dimensions...

It seems that those that are interested we are all finding the same links and videos. The best source I found was to finally email inTech and get the PDF.

Still without knowing the size of a Cooper Mini, I drive a truck, I have no sense of spatial reference. Give me a well fed 6'4" spokesman who states how tall he is. OR put a tow vehicle in some of the pictures. We are all going off pictures on the web. :coffeedrink:

Indeed. They sent me the model dimensions PDFs a while back as well, but after enough people asked they have done a wise thing and added them to the webpage for each model.

Not blatantly obvious at first, but the PDF Drawings can be found at the of the picture galleries and Dimensions has its own tab and legend callouts.

XLT.jpg
MAX.jpg

XLT+.jpg
MAX+.jpg

Adv-XLT.jpg
http://www.intechrv.com/index.php

Some of the better pictures I've seen for a size reference are these.

XLT Flyer behind a UTVs.

46697524-450-inTech-5-x-9-XLT-Flyer.jpg
6000000001_480px.jpg

The MAX Flyer with Jeep from the video, and the same pairing before trailer mods and the red graphics.

maxresdefault.jpg
p2213327270-4.jpg

Plus model open frame demo with ATV inside.

MAX Plus with Tacoma.

Last edited:
Indeed. They sent me the model dimensions PDFs a while back as well, but after enough people asked they have done a wise thing and added them to the webpage for each model.

Not blatantly obvious at first, but the PDF Drawings can be found at the of the picture galleries and Dimensions has its own tab and legend callouts.

XLT.jpg
MAX.jpg

XLT+.jpg
MAX+.jpg

Adv-XLT.jpg
http://www.intechrv.com/index.php

Some of the better pictures I've seen for a size reference are these.

XLT Flyer behind a UTVs.

46697524-450-inTech-5-x-9-XLT-Flyer.jpg
6000000001_480px.jpg

The MAX Flyer with Jeep from the video, and the same pairing before trailer mods and the red graphics.

maxresdefault.jpg
p2213327270-4.jpg

Plus model open frame demo with ATV inside.

MAX Plus with Tacoma.

The Tacoma picture isn't showing up, would like to see that...

Pressurized

Nice! I talked to Intech as well and apparently Dexter also makes an axle that you can swap out for for another 2 inches for a total of 4-4.5 with those spacers. Frankly I'm hoping to have something larger. I'd like to get close to the height of the off-road versions of the Hiker Campers and with my two vehicle's hitch being high I would like to remove as much drop hitch as possible. I may just order a Hiker but the wait time is 6 months right now and would love to have something this summer (also Hiker doesn't have the a/c/heater option that my wife is requiring).

Rich and I had a discussion about them building one with the 45 axle and the lift kit. Instead I bought an inventory unit from my dealer. It was definitely going to be a 1 off deal though for them.

Yes, this is the other option but would need to be done by the buyer apparently. Do you have the 45 degree with an Intech?

I can look at an axle swap down the road if my custom lift turns out to be "not enough". I think I'm going to be ok though.

MrOffshore

Observer
Hey guys, Rich Schnippel here from inTech RV. I appreciate the conversation on this thread and I really appreciate the input from the Flyer owners that are on this forum. I wanted to clear up a few things and answer any questions you might have. The axle we are using on the XLT and MAX Flyer is a 2200# Dexter torsion axle (#9) and it is 22.5° down axle. The XLT+ and MAX+ use a 2900# Dexter torsion axle (#10) and it is a 22.5° down axle. Dexter offers a direct replacement 45° down axle that would add 2" of additional clearance. The axle would remain tucked into the frame...so that you understand, the axle is flush with the bottom of the main frame which is made up of 2" X 2" tubing. The lowest part of the trailer frame is the center tube coming back from the A-frame...it acts as the spine of the frame and is a 2" X 4" tube...so it sits 2" lower than the main frame and axle. If you switched to the 45° down axle, the axle itself would remain tucked into the frame. There are two reasons we don't offer this axle as standard...A) it would raise the overall height of the trailer by the 2", giving the XLT and MAX Flyer an overall height of 77-1/2" (including roof rack and offroad tires), making it problematic to fit into a garage. B) it would raise the height of the kitchen countertop by 2" putting it at a point where it might be considered too high by most campers without the use of a step stool.

As stated, Dexter does offer a 2-5/8" lift kit. For the 2200# axle you would use the #9 Lift Kit (part# K71-723-01), for the 2900# axle you would use the #10 Lift Kit (part# K71-707-07). These kits are approximately $70 retail cost. The kits are extremely easy to install, you lift the entire trailer up at all four corners (no problem doing this with our frame design), high enough to get the tires off the ground approximately 3-4", then you use a hydraulic jack to support the axle, unbolt the axle and lower the axle. Install the lift kit which bolts directly to the frame in the same way the axle was bolted. Raise the axle back up to meet the lift kit (which is essentially a steel tube with the holes pre-drilled) and mount the axle with the included hardware.

Unfortunately, for a span of about 2-3 weeks our production crew were installing the fenders too low and too close to the off-road tires. In rougher conditions the tires were making contact with the clearance lights that are mounted on top of the fenders (the wiring is located just under the fender) and breaking the wires...in some instances even rubbing the fender. The fender can be removed and mounted higher, using screws to cover the old holes...or, you can install the Dexter Lift Kit. If you have that experience with your Flyer you contact our service department at 574-773-9536 or by email at service@intechtrailers.com, include a picture of your tire to fender clearance and we will ship you a lift kit at no cost. We have them in stock and ready to ship. If you are unable to install the kit yourself, you can get a service estimate from your selling dealer, OR service facility of your choice, submit that inTech and we will approve it for reimbursement or pay the service facility directly. While we pride ourselves on building incredible products, we know that mistakes are going to happen (they happen to the best of us), but we want to make the service process as easy as possible. If you own one of our Flyers and felt the need to install the lift kit, and paid for it yourself, please contact inTech RV for reimbursement.

Some customers simply want the extra clearance of the frame, some what extra fender clearance for more jounce or bigger tires...the lift kit can be used to achieve these results as well, or in combination with the Dexter 45° down axle which is a direct bolt-up replacement. The important thing to know about inTech RV and our Flyer line-up is that our frames are truly designed, engineered and built to handle real world use...the ALL-aluminum, ALL-tube frame is a fully welded cage, each tube is welded 360° around for maximum strength. Most RV's, and Expedition Trailers are built using a steel frame, usually C-channel or L-angle components...from there, the sidewalls are usually manufactured using wood wall studs, sometimes steel or aluminum, but are nothing more than screwed or even stapled to the main frame. The limited strength you find in these trailers isn't found in any individual component (main frame, wall, roof), it only exists through the combination of the entire structure...and again, it is limited. At inTech, our intention is to design, engineer and build a generational legacy camper...something you can own for a lifetime and hand down to your family when you're done...or have it be worth something when you go to sell it.

Other key features would include, 3/4" premium grade plywood (most RV's use 5/8" which feels spongy under your feet), this may be overkill, especially when you consider you can't even stand up in the XLT and MAX Flyer. The wood is protected under the trailer by a layer of corrugated plastic that looks very similar to a cardboard corrugated box...this protects the wood from water, snow, road debris, etc. We use this product in lieu of pressure treated wood or Adventech because it will absorb the glue and hold down our flooring for a lifetime. A pressure treated wood is saturated with the chemicals that protect the wood and Adventech is completely loaded with two-part resin epoxy...so they will not absorb glue and over short time the flooring will bubble and come up. We also utilize a one-piece aluminum roof (.024 thick), this keeps weight down and unlike a rubber roof used on a traditional RV, will never require replacement.

We build these products like we're building them for ourselves...because we do own them ourselves (see my Armageddon MAX Flyer below). These products only exist because of my own deep seeded passion for expedition campers and off-road adventures. I wanted a product that could endure real world use...but at the same time not cost what some of these small, internet sales only companies are selling their low volume trailers for...some of them being $30-40,000 and more...that simply doesn't fit the budget of most buyers. My intentions the entire time were that people would buy our product and continue the customization of the product, making it their own unique camper...I get the most pride in seeing what people have done to customize their Flyers, making them their own unique Flyer. We're certainly not the largest RV company on the planet, but we are a solid company and plan on being in business for a long time. We are spread out over 2 plants, our primary being a 94,000 square foot complex that we utilize to manufacture inTech Trailers, which are very high-end motorsports and car haulers...we are the gold standard in that segment of the industry. Our other plant is exclusively used for our RV division, it is a 42,000 square foot facility that we just finished building about one month ago. If you are EVER in the area, we invite you stop out and see in person what really separates us from other manufactures...the entire culture of our company is different than anything you will experience.

I hope I was able to clarify a few things that you might be wondering about and if not, please feel free to ask me any questions on this forum, by email at rich@intechrv.com or via phone at 574-773-9536 ext. 11, I am always more than happy to speak with existing Flyer owners or anyone considering our product. We plan on attending the upcoming Overland Expo East, so if you are in the area, that's a great place to come out and see us. If you want to see one in person sooner, please reach out to me and I can direct you to your nearest authorized inTech RV dealer or as stated above, you are always welcome to visit our facility...we also offer factory pickup at no cost and love delivering Flyers to the retail customers. Also, if you would like to see a build sheet on our products which includes standard features, available options and MSRP pricing, simply drop me an email and ask for it. I don't want this to sound like a commercial, and I wouldn't generally make this post on a forum like this, but I felt I should clear a few things up, if I upset anyone for this post, I apologize in advance. IMG_6311.jpg

Pretty awesome post Rich .

Isn't it awesome when you give the guys the proper road map to where everything goes and the deviate from that . We build dump bodies and have ran into that countless times in my 20 years here. Best policy is to take care of the customer over and beyond and thats sure sounds like what you are doing :)

Matt.H

Adventurer
If I were to purchase inTech the biggest concern would be the suspension. Brought to inTech's attention overnight and exchanged emails.

On a side note; I wish dealers would have a standard 6' pole that they used to show the size of the RV/trailers on their lots. When a 5'2" lady holds her arms out and says "this space" I am easily confused. LOL :********:

Now that is what you call a reply. That Silverado picture is perfect, for me.

Rich, thank you for such a quick and full reply to the thread. I know that the members in the thread appreciate it. Hell I lurked on the site for years before registering. Hope to see you or inTech post more.

Again, Thank you to all posting in this thread.

jus passin thru

Adventurer
Rich, being a customer with a problem I was very grateful to see your post. I was planning to contact your company I just wasn't up for it yet, it is good to know you are standing behind your product. It is a sweet little trailer. You will be hearing from me. Mike

Pressurized

Great response Rich. It turns out that one of my camping crew has the "clearance" problem. He's been notified by the dealer that they will be installing the lift kit at no charge. I'm fortunate not to have the issue. Still waiting for the lift to arrive though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior