Intech RV

Pressurized

Here's a shot of a Max Flyer in stock at Tom's Camperland in Phoenix, already outfitted with a Foxwing and RTT.

20116950_680844848773097_7623608823261669471_o.jpg

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Quick question... Are the trailer's roofs bare aluminum sheet or white?

I'm not sure I've seen a clear picture from well above one of the trailers and was curious how UV-reflective they are.

EDIT: Just saw the image of the MaxxAir fan on what looks like a clear-finish aluminum roof in the Options on the website.

XLT-Plus-MaxxAir.jpg

Not sure if this is an actual IntechRV image or just a stock image from MaxxAir...

Taylor1982

After finally seeing one of these in person I think this is the way I'm leaning. The max flyer PLUS anyways. Has anyone put a roof top tent on one yet? It says height with rack is 94 1/2". Never used one before and not to much info out there on max height from the ground. Wondering if that's too high, or is there another way to do it. I could go with two pop outs, but love the window and not really keen on losing the door/window. Can you access the cooler/fridge from inside?

Seth_sd

There is a video here on their Facebook page that shows the Adventure Series having the fridge accessible from the inside. I don't think the Max Flyer Plus has the same arrangement. I am new so can't post links...I think. Intech RV Facebook Page -> Videos -> "The Adventure Series"

MrOffshore

Observer
What I would want is an open female end on the front for a 2" receiver. That way a MaxCoupler or others designed that way could fit. It sounds like that could be welded on the front with a minor modification.

Thanks,
Chris[/QUOTE]

Chris, unless I am misunderstanding you I would not modify the center tube A-frame to do that...the aluminum would likely not be strong enough in this situation to hold the components. If you were bolting something to the center tube that would be OK, but inserting something into the cut-off end would not be advisable and would void the warranty on that particular section of the trailer.

MrOffshore

Observer
Quick question... Are the trailer's roofs bare aluminum sheet or white?

I'm not sure I've seen a clear picture from well above one of the trailers and was curious how UV-reflective they are.

EDIT: Just saw the image of the MaxxAir fan on what looks like a clear-finish aluminum roof in the Options on the website.

XLT-Plus-MaxxAir.jpg

Not sure if this is an actual IntechRV image or just a stock image from MaxxAir...

It is a mill finish bare aluminum, .024 thick. That is an actual picture of our roof, so you are seeing exactly what we manufacture. Thanks!!!

MrOffshore

Observer
After finally seeing one of these in person I think this is the way I'm leaning. The max flyer PLUS anyways. Has anyone put a roof top tent on one yet? It says height with rack is 94 1/2". Never used one before and not to much info out there on max height from the ground. Wondering if that's too high, or is there another way to do it. I could go with two pop outs, but love the window and not really keen on losing the door/window. Can you access the cooler/fridge from inside?

I don't have any customers that have done that yet, at least not that I know of...but that said, I know that 23ZERO told us that they have an additional extension available for the ladder, so it can be easily modified to handle the extra height. I would love to see one, just need someone to order it. I am certain there are likely other RTT manufacturers that can handle that height as well. Thanks and please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks!!

MrOffshore

Observer

Oh...also to clarify, when you do the two tip outs, you do lose the windows and doors and the rear ramp has to become double doors...the double doors have a slider window in each door though, so you still get some light and ventilation. You can also option the double doors in lieu of the ramp door if you choose...it's a no cost option. As for the refer access...it is standard on the Adventure Series and will be added as standard on the MAX Flyer PLUS for 2018, we begin our 2018's in August...so it's right around the corner. Thanks!!

outryder1

Love the quality of the components and the build of our Max Flyer plus. I cut an opening and fitted a hinged door for access to the fridge from the inside, great for inclement / buggy conditions.
MR Offshore, nice job! Any thoughts on installing a Propex heater in the space between the battery box and the fridge slide? They make a weatherproof model for mounting under the trailer, would that be better?IMG_1427.jpg

gaap master

SE Expedition Society
Any thoughts on installing a Propex heater in the space between the battery box and the fridge slide? They make a weatherproof model for mounting under the trailer, would that be

Good question. Interested to hear the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pressurized

MR Offshore, nice job! Any thoughts on installing a Propex heater in the space between the battery box and the fridge slide? They make a weatherproof model for mounting under the trailer, would that be better?

I've been scoping out the Propex as well. I would definitely want it in the front compartment. The off grid heater would be massively more useful than the RV plug in A/C and heater.

1Louder

Explorer
Chris, unless I am misunderstanding you I would not modify the center tube A-frame to do that...the aluminum would likely not be strong enough in this situation to hold the components. If you were bolting something to the center tube that would be OK, but inserting something into the cut-off end would not be advisable and would void the warranty on that particular section of the trailer.

35979963362_509a4a551a_o.jpg

I would want the end of the tongue to be like this from the factory. Is there a reason why you only offer a traditional ball mount? Most off-road folks want a Max Coupler, Lock-N-Roll or similar on their trailers. I'll take a look at one of your trailers in person later in the week.

Thanks,
Chris

Shooter235

Mine came in a few weeks ago. It was worth the wait, very impressed. Ordered and installed the lift soon after getting it home. It definitely makes a difference. Other mods/upgrades will come soon.

Looks like the first long distance trip will be when my son and I head up to the path of totality for the eclipse next month.

Has anyone upgraded to gel cell batteries? Dual batteries?

1Louder

Explorer
Mine came in a few weeks ago. It was worth the wait, very impressed. Ordered and installed the lift soon after getting it home. It definitely makes a difference. Other mods/upgrades will come soon.

Looks like the first long distance trip will be when my son and I head up to the path of totality for the eclipse next month.

Has anyone upgraded to gel cell batteries? Dual batteries?

What are you trying to power that makes you think you need dual batteries? I would add a flexible solar panel or portable panel first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles