Intech RV

Shooter235

What are you trying to power that makes you think you need dual batteries? I would add a flexible solar panel or portable panel first.

Not looking for more power, wanting more time. Solar panels are great out in the open country in the summer. I hunt heavily wooded areas and there are times the sun will be behind the clouds for days at a time.

1Louder

Explorer
Not looking for more power, wanting more time. Solar panels are great out in the open country in the summer. I hunt heavily wooded areas and there are times the sun will be behind the clouds for days at a time.

Expensive but you might consider going to a lithium ion battery which can be drained down to zero vs AGM deep cycle. Super light too.

MrOffshore

Observer
My apology for the delayed responses, I haven't been on the forum for quite some time. You can put a roof top tent on the MAX Flyer PLUS, the tent we use is a 23ZERO and they have an extension that fits on the standard ladder (making it a three-piece ladder) allowing it to reach the ground. The annex will not touch the ground though, so that's a bit of a bummer. Our Adventure Series has access to the refrigerator from inside the camper, we are considering doing this on the MAX Flyer PLUS as well, but the countertop hatch is a little tricky on this one as the overhead cabinet does not allow enough room open a single hatch up...it would need to be hinged allowing it to bi-fold...that in and of itself isn't too bad, but we're looking at all of our options before we commit to doing this. We should know sometime in the next 30 days what we will be doing as far as access to the refer. Thanks!!

After finally seeing one of these in person I think this is the way I'm leaning. The max flyer PLUS anyways. Has anyone put a roof top tent on one yet? It says height with rack is 94 1/2". Never used one before and not to much info out there on max height from the ground. Wondering if that's too high, or is there another way to do it. I could go with two pop outs, but love the window and not really keen on losing the door/window. Can you access the cooler/fridge from inside?

MrOffshore

Observer
Sorry for the late reply, I've been off the forum for a while working on a NEW project!! I don't know much about the Propex heaters, but think I should check them out...I absolutely love the photo you took of your Flyer....that is truly incredible!! I might need to put that one up in our offices!! Thanks for posting.

Love the quality of the components and the build of our Max Flyer plus. I cut an opening and fitted a hinged door for access to the fridge from the inside, great for inclement / buggy conditions.
MR Offshore, nice job! Any thoughts on installing a Propex heater in the space between the battery box and the fridge slide? They make a weatherproof model for mounting under the trailer, would that be better?View attachment 410733

MrOffshore

Observer
Sorry for the late reply. I understand what you're looking for now. I guess the main reason we don't offer this is that the majority of our customers aren't using the trailer in an application that requires this...though it would be nice. Attaching this to an all-aluminum tube frame might be a bit of a task. I know a few of our customers have taken off the standard 2" coupler and mounted a turn key system that allows full articulation. Hopefully I can get one of them to share images of this and post them back on here. Thanks!!

35979963362_509a4a551a_o.jpg

I would want the end of the tongue to be like this from the factory. Is there a reason why you only offer a traditional ball mount? Most off-road folks want a Max Coupler, Lock-N-Roll or similar on their trailers. I'll take a look at one of your trailers in person later in the week.

Thanks,
Chris

MrOffshore

Observer
Thank you for entrusting us to build your Flyer...when you get a chance, please share images of your "Flyer in the Wild" Thanks!!!

Mine came in a few weeks ago. It was worth the wait, very impressed. Ordered and installed the lift soon after getting it home. It definitely makes a difference. Other mods/upgrades will come soon.

Looks like the first long distance trip will be when my son and I head up to the path of totality for the eclipse next month.

Has anyone upgraded to gel cell batteries? Dual batteries?

MrOffshore

Observer
I believe the customers that have used the LocknRoll system did use the direct bolt-on model. I don't know the details beyond that though. There are a few changes coming to the Flyers in the month of September (our model year change), that will include new names...never before mentioned ANYWHERE...the XLT will become "Chase", MAX will become "Pursue", PLUS'es will become "Explore" and the Adventure Series will become "Discover"...you heard it HERE first!! There will be graphics changes and aside from some small modifications, we will be adding a porch lite and if you get the slide out kitchen (not available on the XLT (Chase) it will have an LED kitchen light above the slideout. A few other things are up for consideration, but you will need to wait a bit to find out for certain. All models aside from the XLT (Chase) will be available with the optional slideout kitchenette. Thanks!!

LocknRoll looks like a viable option for a full articulating hitch. They offer a variety of trailer side connection options. I think this would work well but would like to hear from IntechRV.

https://locknroll.com/shop-now/trailer-side/pn-528-trailer-hitch-coupler/

https://locknroll.com/shop-now/trailer-side/pn-506-trailer-hitch-coupler/

Now that it is August any changes to the base XLT model?

Thanks

calicamper

Expedition Leader
My apology for the delayed responses, I haven't been on the forum for quite some time. You can put a roof top tent on the MAX Flyer PLUS, the tent we use is a 23ZERO and they have an extension that fits on the standard ladder (making it a three-piece ladder) allowing it to reach the ground. The annex will not touch the ground though, so that's a bit of a bummer. Our Adventure Series has access to the refrigerator from inside the camper, we are considering doing this on the MAX Flyer PLUS as well, but the countertop hatch is a little tricky on this one as the overhead cabinet does not allow enough room open a single hatch up...it would need to be hinged allowing it to bi-fold...that in and of itself isn't too bad, but we're looking at all of our options before we commit to doing this. We should know sometime in the next 30 days what we will be doing as far as access to the refer. Thanks!!

I like your max plus design. Question? Is it possible to get a stretched 14ft box/version of the Max plus? I dont need double axle Adventurer level cargo capability, but having that extra length would allow me to park one or two of these racing dinghys in it for regatta trips.
http://www.rssailing.com/en/explore/rs-aero
The hull is 80lbs.
Your Max Plus would dramatically change my long set up and tear down process, plus enable us to have more weather protection than my LifeTime Tent Trailer.
One other thing to note. This style of trailer is less likely to be in an RV park with shore power. I found it odd that the RV dealers all spend lots of time talking about the huge AC / heat unit. I would suggest a small propane heat option in a cabinet maybe moving to a battery box on the tongue as a configuration option. This would also let you put a lower profile rack on the lid lowering its profile some. Offer two fantastic fans to help cool it etc.

A 14ft box max flyer plus with a lower roof rack profile would let me hide it in my side yard too.

Cool trailers! Keep up the good work. When they trickle west to CA I want to check them out.

Shooter235

The AC was one of the biggest selling points for me. The AC and the fridge (on 120V power) can be run with a Honda EU2000i. I'm sure there are several other "suitcase" generators that will power it, but I have used the Honda so I know it will.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
The AC was one of the biggest selling points for me. The AC and the fridge (on 120V power) can be run with a Honda EU2000i. I'm sure there are several other "suitcase" generators that will power it, but I have used the Honda so I know it will.

I said option not only choice. Where I and many others camp a generator is just a annoying costly added item to haul around. AC is great for those who camp in RV parking lots and or enjoy generators.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne