Intech RV

MrOffshore

Observer
I agree, I think the lift kit gives the Flyer the perfect stance...and a little more ground clearance never hurt anyone!! I need to add this to my Flyer.

My friend with the Max Flyer just got his back after service to install the lift kit due to the low fender installation. It looks great and I crawled under and the axle does have a little more gap to the frame, but it barely hangs below the center frame spline. So no real change in "ground clearance", but a big upgrade on ingress and egress clearance which is very important to me. Can't wait to get mine on...

AdventureHare

Outfitting for Adv
Holy Cow! You're actually installing the "bubble foil insulation" correctly! I'm impressed. Soooooo many people glue it to the outside skin. Without the air gap, the R-value is at best 1/3 of what it could be. The foam-based adhesive tape on the outside provides a thermal break for the frame too. Is the interior affixed in the same manner?

I've surfed your website a few times but couldn't find a MSRP list. Can you point me to one?

What would you say to me if I wanted drop one of these (or similar) on top of an XLT and cut out the adjoining panels? :Wow1: Besides, "your warranty is void". ;)

What size tires are those?

The last week or so I ruled out the Intech because it seemed quite a big larger than other teardrop style trailers but I'm considering it again. They are quite tall with the a/c and rack on top that I worry when lifted that it'll just be huge! The one with the fridge compartment is as big (maybe not as tall) as some of the micro rv's with kitchens and bathrooms.

Pressurized

What size tires are those?

The last week or so I ruled out the Intech because it seemed quite a big larger than other teardrop style trailers but I'm considering it again. They are quite tall with the a/c and rack on top that I worry when lifted that it'll just be huge! The one with the fridge compartment is as big (maybe not as tall) as some of the micro rv's with kitchens and bathrooms.

The tires are 235/75-15, basically a 29" tire. It does have a larger feel and in fact might measure a little longer than a number of the traditional teardrops due to the kitchen design. But we've been in a few of them and the space inside the Intech is why we went this way.

If you haven't actually seen one in person, I think the shape might mislead you on that actual size.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
^^Beat me to it, lol.^^

What size tires are those?..

Looks like the LT235/75R15 that come with the Off-Road Pkg option.

MAX-Off-Road-Tires.jpg

The tires are 235/75-15, basically a 29" tire. It does have a larger feel and in fact might measure a little longer than a number of the traditional teardrops due to the kitchen design. But we've been in a few of them and the space inside the Intech is why we went this way.

If you haven't actually seen one in person, I think the shape might mislead you on that actual size.
I've only seen the XLT+ in person it was pretty big. I don't think I'd want the kitchen setup since we would be lifting the trailer and my wife would need to access the area (she's short). We'd go with the XLT but they're hard to come by locally so I'm not able to find one. I wonder if you'd be able to fit a 31-33 under there...

Pressurized

I've only seen the XLT+ in person it was pretty big. I don't think I'd want the kitchen setup since we would be lifting the trailer and my wife would need to access the area (she's short). We'd go with the XLT but they're hard to come by locally so I'm not able to find one. I wonder if you'd be able to fit a 31-33 under there...

We are planning to put a 30x9.5x15 when and if new tires are needed. However, I don't know what would generate that need other than time. You might get a 31x10.5x15 in there with the lift, but I think it would stick out a bit due to the width.

The + models are much larger... We considered the XLT ourselves but would have had to order it, but that wouldn't have been that much different, since ours was still at the factory when I bought it. The XLT is awesome if you have assembled a "tub" kitchen which is the way we used to adventure. The Beaver Tree Camp Kitchen is pretty cool if you can find one.

MrOffshore

Observer
Drop me an email at info@intechrv.com and we can forward you the PDF with the full details, standard features, available options and MSRP pricing. Insulation is a tricky thing...do it right and it works great, do it wrong and it's like it isn't there. Anywhere that we use aluminum skin mounted to aluminum tubing we are using the 3M VHB tape...so it is essentially isolated from the aluminum frame.

I like the idea of the roof top tent mounted to the roof...done properly that would be pretty cool. You would not want to cut out the roof trusses, as they are giving a lot of structural integrity to the frame...but done right, you would work around that and re-frame some of the roof and not have it fail. I love roof top tents the hard top versions look great and perform great...and setup fast. Mounting it on the roof and cutting it up would void that portion of the warranty...that would be too big of a change. Thanks!!

Holy Cow! You're actually installing the "bubble foil insulation" correctly! I'm impressed. Soooooo many people glue it to the outside skin. Without the air gap, the R-value is at best 1/3 of what it could be. The foam-based adhesive tape on the outside provides a thermal break for the frame too. Is the interior affixed in the same manner?

I've surfed your website a few times but couldn't find a MSRP list. Can you point me to one?

What would you say to me if I wanted drop one of these (or similar) on top of an XLT and cut out the adjoining panels? :Wow1: Besides, "your warranty is void". ;)

jus passin thru

Adventurer
A few pages of posts back I complained about the tire clearance on my new Intech Flyer a few posts later Rich from Intec posted offering to supply a lift kit free. Last Fri I called Adam at parts he knew what I was talking about and said they would ship on Monday, on Mon I received an invoice by email and today I received the parts along with replacement clearance light and keys the dealer misplaced. All and all it turned out well. Rather than making a 300 mi round trip to the dealer I'll do the instal myself it looked k pretty straight forward. I'm very happy that Intech stepped up to the plate. It's going to be a great trailer. Mike

MrOffshore

Observer
Mike, glad things are going well with your Flyer! We really do try to make certain our service is as good after the sale as it is before...that's where it matters the most! Happy Adventures and share images with us of your Flyer in action!!

A few pages of posts back I complained about the tire clearance on my new Intech Flyer a few posts later Rich from Intec posted offering to supply a lift kit free. Last Fri I called Adam at parts he knew what I was talking about and said they would ship on Monday, on Mon I received an invoice by email and today I received the parts along with replacement clearance light and keys the dealer misplaced. All and all it turned out well. Rather than making a 300 mi round trip to the dealer I'll do the instal myself it looked k pretty straight forward. I'm very happy that Intech stepped up to the plate. It's going to be a great trailer. Mike

VisualUniverse

Observer
The Flyer XLT is about a foot too short, and the Plus is a foot too tall. Got anything inbetween? I'm leaning toward the Flyer XLT w/ off-road pkg for overlanding and astronomy usage. I like the built-in A/C w/ heater. Just wish the XLT was a foot taller so I could sit in a normal chair inside on those super cold nights.

Silverhorse

Adventurer
Is the floor aluminum? never mind i see they have the option. but I believe there is wood in the walls...

Last edited:

Pressurized

The Flyer XLT is about a foot too short, and the Plus is a foot too tall. Got anything inbetween? I'm leaning toward the Flyer XLT w/ off-road pkg for overlanding and astronomy usage. I like the built-in A/C w/ heater. Just wish the XLT was a foot taller so I could sit in a normal chair inside on those super cold nights.

You could certainly do a "low" chair. We have a couple for those for times with inclement weather. But it seems that we prefer to not fold up the bed...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior