Intech RV

Matt.H

Adventurer
For anyone to answer: Are the roofs made for wear and tear? The reason I ask is that unless the roof can take wear and tear there is no rail to secure boxes, bags etc to. Just to tie them down but no lateral securing points. Any replies would be great.
Can't wait to see the new 2018 models.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
For anyone to answer: Are the roofs made for wear and tear? The reason I ask is that unless the roof can take wear and tear there is no rail to secure boxes, bags etc to. Just to tie them down but no lateral securing points. Any replies would be great.
Can't wait to see the new 2018 models.

Back on Page 13 I was asking how the roof was finished (bare/painted) and MrOffshore (Rich w/IntechRV) said the roof is bare finish aluminum sheet, .024 thickness - http://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/164573-Intech-RV?p=2334469#post2334469

stix999

i went with garage tiles for the roof. they will protect from dents and punctures, distribute weight, allow drainage. I also added some ATV cargo baskets to the cross bars that are perfect for a few 5 gal buckets. i also added d rings as tie down points. basket 1.jpgbasket 3.jpgbasket 4.jpg

jus passin thru

Adventurer
Last spring I purchased my trailer and was very unhappy with the tire fender clearance. Intech supplied a dexter lift kit and new fender marker lights which the tires had punched out and after a summer of selling, buying and moving I finally did the instal and hit the road. Easy instal with two jack stands and two bottle jacks it took 2+ hours, with the right tools it could be done in an hour plus. We left southern AZ and headed for OR to fish with friends. We went up Hwy 395 on the eastern side of the Sierra mtns with its many side roads, on Carson Pass while dressed like someone from AZ ,sandals shorts and tee, it snowed on us. Bottom line the trailer is doing everything I expected when I bought it, if only I could figure out how to send pictures. Mike

wheelman89

Anybody figured out a good cover that fits the Max Flyer Plus? Mine sits outside and would love to cover it up when I can't be out using it.

MrOffshore

Observer
I'm terrible at followup on this forum...it doesn't help that we just had our biggest dealer event and it has kept me tied up. We do not offer any custom builds, so we are unable to lengthen the box. The standard MAX Flyer PLUS (now called an Explore) is braced and wired for TWO MaxxAir roof vents...one of the locations is also wired for 120V for the A/C, so if you were not getting the A/C, you could opt for the second MaxxAir roof vent. We try to keep as much off the tongue and as far back as possible to reduce the tongue weight which is increased by the front kitchen. A lot of our customer "boondock" without power, but the majority are still in parks with shore power or carrying a generator. A portable Mr Heater propane heater is very easy to set up in the camper for extra or quick heat without shore power or a generator. Thanks!

MrOffshore

Observer
Anybody figured out a good cover that fits the Max Flyer Plus? Mine sits outside and would love to cover it up when I can't be out using it.

you might want to go to Costco or Sams Club, they often have large car covers for $29...if needed, you could get two of them and sew them together...a few straps holding it down would keep it stabilized from wind, etc. A small RV cover would work as well, but might not be as affordable.

theboatlife

Our 2018 models are coming out the first of August...we will offer a MAX Flyer without the kitchen...so you will pick up the extra foot of length you want over the XLT Flyer. We have a few details to work out on the interior cabinets, but it will also move the battery inside of the trailer instead of on the tongue. Look for updates on our Facebook page or website just after the first of August...this may be just what you are looking for!

I️ see the updates changed the names, but is the Pursue available without the kitchen so you can just use that area for storage?

I️ went and looked at the Chase and Pursue in SE Texas last week, I️ like them both. I️ would definitely be interested in stepping up a bit in size from the Chase to the Pursue but I’m not quite sold on needing a fridge and stove.

mbabc

Rick- if you're still watching this thread I was wondering if a maxair fan could be added to an Explore after it was built? There's one I'm looking at that had the AC unit but I think I'd like the fan too. Think I read they're pre-wired.

Saw one this week and I'm very impressed and interested.

Mark B
Kentucky

motoboss

Bad Influence
We were looking to pull the trigger on a 2018 Chase but reading that the Pursue is, or is going to be, available without the kitchen addition I've put it on hold until I can be positive if this is correct.
Extra length with the battery off the toung would be just the push I need to get one bought.

So has this happened yet or is it going to happen?

Thanks

jus passin thru

Adventurer
I was going to locate the Intec thread and here it is. We the ROF's got off the Camino del Diablo yesterday and my Flyer Max did really well except for the AC falling off the remainder held up to a very good test. I don't know if the AC bolts were not tight enough to start with or lots of rough road caused the problem but ratchet straps kept it on the roof because the original mounting bolts were badly bent. I'm going to take it off and replace it with a vent when I get home. I never go anywhere with hook ups any way. Mike

jus passin thru

Adventurer
I posted that I ran Camino del Diablo with the ROF. For those that don't know the Camino is a hundred miles plus of very rough 4wd required road between Yuma and Ajo AZ. The fact the trailer only lost the AC is a testament to what a tough little trailer it is. The road is often within sight of the MX border and very remote the only travelers we saw were many border patrol trucks and two Border Patrol Helicopters that buzzed us to check us out. I pulled the trailer with a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk which did an excellent job, I had a Wrangler when I bought it. Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles