AdventureAwaitsTN

After several years of hobby adventuring, we have decided to start making it a part-time business (hopefully full-time some day, but you got to start somewhere), and start blogging and YouTubing our adventures.

So please follow and subscribe to us on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube, @AdventureAwaitsTN

Looking for feedback, guidance from anyone who is currently doing this, we are new and don't really know how to get to growing our fan base.

Being that we live in Tennessee and the Southeast Region that is where most of the adventures will happen, and I don't see a lot of posts from people in my area. So hopefully I can introduce everyone to the fun of the East side of the US.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Judoka

Learning To Live
There are quite a few members in Knoxville and all over East Tennessee; although land to explore seems to be even less than when I was a kid ! THe best advice I can give you for building your fan base, (I presume your intention is to monetize your blog, or something to that effect) is not to even try. What I mean is let it happen naturally over time as a byproduct of your love of adventure and your willingness to share it openly with others! As with many things, often when we try to make money at something, we lose the value of th experience and we have difficulty projecting the joy that we SHOULD have had, because we are forcing it instead of letting it happen naturally.

Want an illustration? Drive 129 over Deals Gap...a.k.a. Tail Of The Dragon. As a kid I loved that drive, but now you have to contend with huge crowds all getting a patch that they all "Tamed the Dragon
" as they rode at 30-35 mph past at least twenty photographers with booths set up along the roadside! Not exactly Taming The Dragon! What was once one of the best places in the country to scrape pegs on your bike, or see all of the Fall colors without all of the tourist traffic in the Smokies, is now only a shadow of its former existence. Why?....MONEY !

So, it my opinion and experience that the best way to build a fan base is giving people a reason to read and keep reading what you are putting out. That works best when you are open and genuine. Also try just posting up your favorite adventure and sharing it openly. People need a reason to become a fan! I wish you luck!

Last edited:

ryandavenport

Adventurer
Just started following you guys on Instagram. I love seeing pictures, but hate when a location isn't posted; especially being that you are in Tennessee, if you post something cool, I want to go check it out for myself.

Just started following you guys on Instagram. I love seeing pictures, but hate when a location isn't posted; especially being that you are in Tennessee, if you post something cool, I want to go check it out for myself.

Thanks for the follow, the ones without a location are probably my wife, she had the picture GPS turned off on her phone, but just ask where and we would be happy to share the location.

Axman15

You are totally correct, I prefer to scrape pegs on my motorcycles at the better route near the OR area. No photographers and crowds! :)

High Center

Adventurer
I have little to give you but encouragement! (Go to it!!)

Thats said- you should check out Overland Tennessee on IG. He seems to be doing something similar.

Best of luck!
HC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne