Back at 4x4, 313CDI 4x4 Sprinter

Not really worried. The offroad rally guys use the same system to mount their radiators on the back. But i`m going to put in some valves to seal that circuit if there is a leak.

Coachgeo

Explorer
Not really worried. The offroad rally guys use the same system to mount their radiators on the back. But i`m going to put in some valves to seal that circuit if there is a leak.
"Ralley Guys" but don't they replace stuff so often that is a bit of a mute point? Great idea on putting in valves to be able to shut down part of a circuit.

luthj

Engineer In Residence
The copper used in plumbing is less susceptible to work hardening. Given that it is well supported, he will probably not have any problems.

Corrosion may be a bit of a concern. But regularly coolant changes should help.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
Aren't you worried about that copper vibration hardening and cracking over time? Guess the question is how much time?

I believe I would be more worried about the copper thieves if you need deadbolt's and handle guards on the van as discussed earlier!

At least that would be the situation in the Redneck South USA.

Lot's of copper thieves!

Cut a hole in the roof yesterday:

31055930pa.jpg

And closed it :

31055931mn.jpg

Wired in the roof lights:

31055932uw.jpg

Then i started plumbing the radiant floor heating:

31055935ri.jpg

Did a leak test:

31055938bs.jpg

Finished the rear part:

31055939no.jpg

Second coolant tank:

31055940kn.jpg

Another leak test:

31055946rs.jpg

6m coolant hose, 40 hose clamps and some valves later:

31055949ar.jpg

31055951ih.jpg

Took forever to get the air out but eventually made it. Took an additional 6l of coolant.

Unfortunately the new 3 way valve had a short so i bypassed it with a connector and it started working without an additional pump.
Really happy, now to figure out the electrical stuff for the diesel heater, valve, and pump and stuff.

java

Expedition Leader
Very cool! I think that's going to be super nice. Thanks stat controlled valve to regulate the temp?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

java

Expedition Leader
Ah forgot you had the espar heater too!

I was just imagining making a sauna in the back while driving if no control on the flow from the engine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

luthj

Engineer In Residence
I like your setup, very nice job with the plumbing.

Can you share who makes the three way valve? Model/part number? I have a vacuum controlled valve on my van, but I wan't to switch to something different.

Sorry for the late answer. It`s VW valve, part number: 1T0820036C You can also get it from aftermarket suppliers.

Friend of mine came up with a really awesome design that i had put on the roof rack:

31152167ry.jpg

31152168xm.jpg

31152169ec.jpg

I think it came out great.

Didn`t have much time for the Sprinter lately cause i built this:

31152173yx.jpg

31152175lr.jpg

java

Expedition Leader
Nice gear room!!

Those wood skis with the ski track down them, are those DIY? They look very familiar from reading a DIY ski forum....

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Hey!
Kennst du einen zulieferer fuer das allrad system am Sprinter? Ganz speziel die achsmanschetten und fahrwerks komponenten vorne. Danke im voraus!

Wyuna

Observer
does the decal on the side of the van say "Super f-er 2000" ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice gear room!!

Those wood skis with the ski track down them, are those DIY? They look very familiar from reading a DIY ski forum....

Yes they are. Also the really wide ones far left. Made quite a few.

Hey!
Kennst du einen zulieferer fuer das allrad system am Sprinter? Ganz speziel die achsmanschetten und fahrwerks komponenten vorne. Danke im voraus!

Hier die normalen Zulieferer, Stahlgruber, Wessels&Müller, Trost. Ansonsten Originalteile.

does the decal on the side of the van say "Super F-er 2000" ???

Yes it does. That’s what the guys at the skiforum named the Sprinter. They even gave me money to put it on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier