Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Back at 4x4, 313CDI 4x4 Sprinter

You might see if http://www.armaplate.com/ has any products for the T1N. They may help.

The easiest way to break into a T1N, is to pry out the smaller front windows. They come out pretty easily unless they are glued in.
    2004 T1N Sprinter| Overland Conversion Complete | 118,XXX miles | 140" | High Roof | Outback Bound
    My Build Thread
    Follow Our Adventure Blog

Deadlocks and handle protection are pretty much standard for vans in London now.

Some security film on the windows will help slow someone down but there's not much you can do about the windows unless you're willing to fit mesh guards. I met a couple of guys travelling in a vanagon in Mexico who had fabricated some neat window guards which were held in place by shutting the door, when you unlocked and opened the door they unclipped very easily. Gave them reassurance when they left the van whilst surfing all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5h9KR5rUV0

http://www.garrisonlocks.co.uk/van-l...ison-deadlocks

http://www.garrisonlocks.co.uk/van-l...nter-old-shape

Last edited by nick disjunkt; 11-06-2017 at 03:15 PM.
    http://jimthetruck.blogspot.co.uk/
    Mercedes 1823 4x2
    ex brinks cash-in-transit truck

@Nick that first one looks just like a standard house door deadbolt. I like that idea!

Thanks for the replies guys. I think i`ll go with a massive chain between both front doors, tie the rear doors togehter from the inside and put an outside lock on the slider door.

Finished the coolant lines:

Anyone got a diagramm of the coolant lines? Especially the heater core and the espar heater? Or a pic with the cabin air filter assembly removed?
    Old ride: 4WD Blazer
    New ride: Mitsubishi L300 4WD
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroNautiCal View Post
    You have to be one of the most enthusiastic and practical builder's on the Forum(...)
    You are the Go For It, Guy!
    Quote Originally Posted by surpip;
    Awesome, I had no idea that redneck had made to Germany. Love it.

Aren't you worried about that copper vibration hardening and cracking over time? Guess the question is how much time?

Not really worried. The offroad rally guys use the same system to mount their radiators on the back. But i`m going to put in some valves to seal that circuit if there is a leak.
    You have to be one of the most enthusiastic and practical builder's on the Forum(...)

Quote Originally Posted by Steinbruchsoldat View Post
    Not really worried. The offroad rally guys use the same system to mount their radiators on the back. But i`m going to put in some valves to seal that circuit if there is a leak.
    "Ralley Guys" but don't they replace stuff so often that is a bit of a mute point? Great idea on putting in valves to be able to shut down part of a circuit.

The hobby rally guys. They use the same setup over and over. I`m confident that it`ll hold up.

The copper used in plumbing is less susceptible to work hardening. Given that it is well supported, he will probably not have any problems.

Corrosion may be a bit of a concern. But regularly coolant changes should help.
    2004 T1N Sprinter| Overland Conversion Complete | 118,XXX miles | 140" | High Roof | Outback Bound
    My Build Thread
    Follow Our Adventure Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Coachgeo View Post
    Aren't you worried about that copper vibration hardening and cracking over time? Guess the question is how much time?
    I believe I would be more worried about the copper thieves if you need deadbolt's and handle guards on the van as discussed earlier!

At least that would be the situation in the Redneck South USA.

Lot's of copper thieves!
    Mike

Remember "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts"!

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920