Propane stove quick release fitting?

Wanted

Hi there,

In the design phase of my van. I will have a Coleman 2 burner propane stove kept under the kitchen bench, as it will have to be connected and disconnected before and after each use, is there a quick release gas fitting so the hose can just be snapped in and snapped out of the main propane hose? In order to speed up the hooking up process.

Thanks

Tazman

Adventurer
I use them for my trailer and I'm surprised how well they work and how easy they are to use. I would give you the manufacturer but my trailer is in storage. Send me a PM if you can't source them and I'll drive down and get the data for you.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I have one made for natural gas on my home BBQ. I think lowes, home depot, large hardware store should be able to hook you up.

Robert Bills

Explorer
Note: Most of the commonly available propane quick disconnects are for "low pressure" applications, which may or may not be what OP needs.

A quick visit to OP's local propane supplier should provide OP with the answer to whether a low pressure disconnect is appropriate for what he wants to do.

Robert Bills

Explorer
Not all Coleman stove burners are low pressure burners and OP does not specify what model stove he has. Also, OP does not specify where in his system he intends to install a quick disconnect. It makes a difference whether the disconnect is upstream or downstream from the regulator and whether the regulator is a high pressure or low pressure regulator.

A quick trip to the local propane supplier with the particular stove OP intends to use will ensure that he uses the correct disconnect and that his system is safe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz