ARB Jeep TJ/LJ 97-06 bumper on Gen 2.5

freewayross

Adventurer
Hello all,

Looking to put an after market front bumper. Few months back got a used FJ cruiser bumper after I read some threads on here....... but saw that it was too wide for Montero's front end and required cutting/shaving on both sides for it to blend in. So sold that one. Have any one fitted the above mentioned Jeep bumper on Gen 2 or 2.5? I've an opportunity to buy a used one and wanted to know how it will be width wise (too small or wide enough?).

I understand fabrication will have to done to mount it.

Here's the ARB part number arb 3450070

Thanks for your input.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I've seen one on a Montero before, the jeep bumper is straight across and when fitted to a Montero they stick out really far in front of the fenders. Maybe look at Nissan X-Terra bumpers or go full custom.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Too small/narrow by about 4 inches and had huge gaps, I checked out one from a buddy's rig when he was redoing his TJ and it was too narrow and the mounts were nowhere close.

Crikeymike

Adventurer
FYI, the Land Cruiser 40 series bumper is almost identical to the ARB TJ bumper, except for brackets behind it. It would probably still be too narrow I'm sure, but there are a few that are pretty simple.

When I worked for ARB, the 80 series Land Cruiser bumpers (1990-97 models) were the most used for custom installs, since they're not too deep, not too tall, and a pretty average width.

F15DOC

3438110_A.jpg
Is this too much to ask? This is the perfect look and design that I would like to have.
It's an ARB for the Xterra.... dang why why why!!

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Any news on this? I am shopping for a bumper setup for our 2.5 1999 Montero....

What news are you looking for? There are several threads on here discussing Montero bumpers.

View attachment 405649
Is this too much to ask? This is the perfect look and design that I would like to have.
It's an ARB for the Xterra.... dang why why why!!

Except you didn't ask anything, and that is how most ARB bumpers look.

F15DOC

Yep, but sadly ARBUSA doesn't have them....
Just curious if freeway ross (original poster) has found something, that is what I was referring to when I asked if he has any news?

snare

Adventurer
Yep, but sadly ARBUSA doesn't have them....
Just curious if freeway ross (original poster) has found something, that is what I was referring to when I asked if he has any news?

It was obvious to me what you were asking. I would disregard or block the other reponse/responder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles