Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2017 Taco TRDOR Overland Build

Truck looks amazing!! just wondering if you have any pics of how you ran the wiring to the bed? and where you placed the switch panel?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ukrboy View Post
    Saw you on Deerfoot south yesterday. Truck is looking good!
    Right on, thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by jktyler View Post
    Truck looks amazing!! just wondering if you have any pics of how you ran the wiring to the bed? and where you placed the switch panel?

Thanks.
    Thanks Tyler! Are you looking for the feeds to the battery pictures, or a wiring diagram? I placed the switch panel on the passenger side next to the drawers and above the water outlet valve as you can see in the picture below. I will be however transitioning the LEDs inside the topper to door switches soon, instead of off the switch panel.

Thanks for the Info, i was looking for a pic with how the wires are ran from the front battery to the back to power everything.

Thanks again.
    2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Stock for now

2014 Hydro Blue Sahara JKU - SOLD

Thanks for the Info, i was looking for a pic with how the wires are ran from the front battery to the back to power everything.

Thanks again.
    I've seen folks run wires through the bed's drainage holes (after making them larger), as well as by drilling holes in the metal part of the bed at the very rear of the truck.

I ran mine into the bed cubbies, because those are easily replaceable (should the need arise), and aren't a permanent modification to the bed itself. Photos and further details in this post.
    Build thread.

I don't overland; I hop between Starbucks in search of the perfect soy milk.

Instagram: @eatsleepwoof

Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by eatSleepWoof View Post
    I've seen folks run wires through the bed's drainage holes (after making them larger), as well as by drilling holes in the metal part of the bed at the very rear of the truck.

I ran mine into the bed cubbies, because those are easily replaceable (should the need arise), and aren't a permanent modification to the bed itself. Photos and further details in this post.
    Tyler,

I ran everything pretty much the same as ESW, except that I did cut a hole in my bed. I have alternate plans for my compartments that wouldn't involve electrical in the cubbies. I essentially made use of the existing hole I had made for the ARB fridge socket.

Basically from the battery at the headlight, I followed the existing cab wiring harness down along the frame as far as I could, then popped up into the bedside right after the cab, over the inside of the wheel well, and out into the bed.

Lately, I've really been racking my brain about weight and functionality of our current setup.

The weight is a huge factor, and I am going to re-build with an all aluminum drawer/storage setup in the bed of the truck this winter.

But on the functionality note, I've been messing around on CAD again and have come up with a few fun designs. I'll show the one I'm most leaning towards right now.

Most of the inspiration of this one comes from Globatrol. We met Justin and Jen two summers ago on their way up through Alberta on their way to Alaska. We loved their setup and Justin has been kind enough to converse with me about the details of his setup and build.

Here's where I'm at with the design.

Last edited by jgpoirier; 12-31-2017 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jgpoirier View Post
    Lately, I've really been racking my brain about weight and functionality of our current setup.

The weight is a huge factor, and I am going to re-build with an all aluminum drawer/storage setup in the bed of the truck this winter.

But on the functionality note, I've been messing around on CAD again and have come up with a few fun designs. I'll show the one I'm most leaning towards right now.

Most of the inspiration of this one comes from Globatrol. We met Justin and Jen two summers ago on their way up through Alberta on their way to Alaska. We loved their setup and Justin has been kind enough to converse with me about the details of his setup and build.

Here's where I'm at with the design.

That would be amazing! Make it happen! Then give me your custom crafted cap!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345