ARB intensity AR40 light bar

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Looks like they have a bar to match the round ones. http://www.arb.com.au/products/vehicle-lighting-rear-vision/ar40-intensity-light-bar/

AR40_1.png

zelatore

Explorer
They had something fairly unique with the round LEDs, at least until the knock-offs showed up. But the light bar market is already saturated with everything from bargain basement to top quality. I think this will be a tough sell for them other than the fanboys who have to have that brand. I doubt it actually out-performs the existing mid to high quality products but I would bet it is priced at the top of the market if the pricing on the round Intensity lights is any indicator.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
agreed zelatore! Just another me too product at this point. Where as the round LED were a LOOK AT THESE! product.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Just out of curiosity, are there other light bars that wrap around a tube like these from other brands? I like the concept and wonder if someone else did something similar.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Just out of curiosity, are there other light bars that wrap around a tube like these from other brands? I like the concept and wonder if someone else did something similar.

Nothing I've seen from other manufactures. The way to mounts to tube is FAR cleaner than most

lugueto

Adventurer
I like the mounting system they used. And even though I agree its a saturated segment, I don't think they'll have a harder time selling these than any other high-end manufacturer.

I must add that I don't particularly like light bars, I prefer round lights. LED or otherwise. I hope manufacturers start making LEDs like KC Hilites are being made, with a single, high powered LED and a reflector just like HID's and Halogens.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I like the mounting system they used. And even though I agree its a saturated segment, I don't think they'll have a harder time selling these than any other high-end manufacturer.

I must add that I don't particularly like light bars, I prefer round lights. LED or otherwise. I hope manufacturers start making LEDs like KC Hilites are being made, with a single, high powered LED and a reflector just like HID's and Halogens.

There are a bunch already. Vision X light canons, IPF has a setup with round lights firing the LED into the reflector to get better output. I have to use bars and cubes on my micra since space is at a premium in the grill so I gotta go with them…..But I think the patriot is going to get the IPF versions up front. Need more information on them first.

lugueto

Adventurer
There are a bunch already. Vision X light canons, IPF has a setup with round lights firing the LED into the reflector to get better output. I have to use bars and cubes on my micra since space is at a premium in the grill so I gotta go with them…..But I think the patriot is going to get the IPF versions up front. Need more information on them first.

You're absolutely right. I've seen the IPFs up close, impressive units, haven't seen them perform . I believe the Vision X were the first ones to build a true, round, LED aux light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles