Another XJ camper Build

FlightMedicJP

My wife just let's me do what ever as long as it doesn't affect our ability to pay the bills. But she does roll her eyes a lot.

I got the same response when i approached my wife about my build. I also threw in the adventure and life memories we'd create with our daughter. :)

JandDGreens

Adventurer
Well I do understand her rolling her eye, I tend to work on things with little urgency so when I tell her I want to do this or that it is more of how long will I wait to see all this come to fruition. I am limited money wise especially this time of year (mowing season just starting), so when I say I want this or that for the camper the $$$$ is scarce until July.

Redeth005

Adventurer
Well I do understand her rolling her eye, I tend to work on things with little urgency so when I tell her I want to do this or that it is more of how long will I wait to see all this come to fruition. I am limited money wise especially this time of year (mowing season just starting), so when I say I want this or that for the camper the $$$$ is scarce until July.

JULY IS AROUND THE CORNER! oooooooooo i'm waiting patiently to see what cool things you do with the build.

Great job in mounting the trailer. I bet it feels nice. huh?
Have you thought about using a solar panel on the front side of the trailer? (if you plan to run a battery bank that is) This way you wont have to worry so much about how it looks on the direct face of the trailer so long as it is water tight sealed. then the tool box is gonna be in front of the bottom side. i dunno. i think its a pretty cool idea.

JandDGreens

Adventurer
Thanks!

Yeah having it on wheels I can actually move it around now.

Solar is defiantly on the agenda. My close friend who helps me maintain my equipment (mowers, trimmers ect.) gave me one of his spare sets of batteries. These Gel cell batteries are for wheel chairs so they are compact and should work well. I am going to use the batteries and charge them between trips until I can swing the solar. I really don't want to do a generator at all. Something about getting out in nature and the thought of a noisy generator ruining it. (although I right now I use my converter I my Jeep to pump up our air mattress and run my Jeep Ha! Ha)!

I have to replace my radiator this Saturday and will do a shakedown run Sunday to make sure all is good for the following weekends trail run. Once I get caught up with all the extra work I have at work I'll get back to my camper.

I have been looking into something to cool the trailer, I am leaning towards a evaporator type of cooler, CULER SOLO Personal Evaporative Air Cooler is one I think will do well, most of my camping will be done in very dry climates.

I am trying to get the camper usable by mid August for our trip to Moab in Sept, if it doesn't get done we'll just take the tent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior