RTT and wet beds :/

harbinger808

Adventurer
Aloha again everyone!
Question?... what is everyone doing about there little ones that are potty trained but still wet the bed at night?... we are about to go on a week adventure and looking for ideas to contain the little mans peepee.
Mahalo

AFSOC

Explorer
Aloha again everyone!
Question?... what is everyone doing about there little ones that are potty trained but still wet the bed at night?... we are about to go on a week adventure and looking for ideas to contain the little mans peepee.
Mahalo

How about Pull-Ups? What do you do at home to combat this issue?

Chili

Explorer
x2 on Pull-Ups.. And always minimize fluid intake a couple of hours before bed.

Maybe lay down some puppy pads under the sleeping bag if you're going to gamble.

Oh, wait, you're talking about kids? That's what I use!!

:p

tgreening

Expedition Leader
x2 on Pull-Ups.. And always minimize fluid intake a couple of hours before bed.

Maybe lay down some puppy pads under the sleeping bag if you're going to gamble.

Oh, wait, you're talking about kids? That's what I use!!

:p

Shoot, no worries. When mine was 2 months old she was on a 15 hr flight to Japan, and I bought her a dog bed to sleep in. It worked great and she slept like a rock pretty much the whole way.

ducktapeguy

Adventurer
How old? Nighttime diapers are the easiest solution, then you don't even have to wake up :)

I used to carry this around. Works ok for travelling and car emergencies.

https://www.diapers.com/p/kalencom-...cvosrc=cse.google.KL-001&cvo_crid=49550151577

The liners are nothing more than paper towels in plastic bags, so it works if there's not too much flow. You could use one of those cleanwaste bags but it's kinda overkill for most situations, but better than having a leak.

I eventually bought a real portable toilet, but the kids were fully potty trained before needing it. Now that my son's a little older, I just open the front of the tent and have him stand on the roof basket in front and let it rain. It's great because I don't even have to get dressed or leave the tent, I just need to hang on to him so he doesn't fall off. Just make sure you check the wind direction.

harbinger808

Adventurer
my boy is 3 1/2 yrs old and wets his bed at least once a week. If not, he wakes himself up and asks us to take him. We are concerned since we dont have a mattress cover that blocks liquids on our RTT bed. I'll look into the puppy pads... ive never had a dog so this is new to me.
also, my boy will not where a pullup no matter what we try :/

bodynmotion

Adventurer
My wife made a pad using Zorb, fleece or flannel and it is washable. Our son is still has some issues with bed wetting and it definitely saves the sleeping bag and sheets. She also made washable liners for night time pullups... yeah she is a hippy. If you want more info, PM me and I can get you in contact with her.

ducktapeguy

Adventurer
They also sell mattress pads specifically designed for this purpose. One side is a flannel type absorbent material and the other is a waterproof nylon. The flannel absorbs the pee and the nylon prevents it from soaking through. Throw that under the sheets or sleeping bags and the mattress is protected.

Instead of getting the child sized ones meant for cribs, look for the adult versions which are meant for incontinence, they cover the whole mattress. It works better than trying to patch together multiple smaller ones, because it's guaranteed you child will pee in the one spot that's not covered.

rkj__

Adventurer
Yup, you need some "pee pads" if the kiddo will not wear pull ups.

As mentioned, they may be marketed towards puppies, or senior adults, but I don't think it makes a lot of difference either way. The function will be similar.

harbinger808

Adventurer
Much Mahalo to everyone for the tips! We just ordered a 36"x70" wet pad on amazon to go across the mattress width wise :)
let the peeing begin!

Lucky j

Explorer
And you could also have a mattress cover made out. Keep the matress clean and dry, protectec from humidity.

Have one in my ARB, made ne for my GF autohome and will make one for our T@G max outback.

So this simply had to the protection of your matress that would be hard to clean and dry on a trip. So with the pads, you should be good to go.

krick3tt

Adventurer
harbinger808,

Rename them camping pants. Rewards for use can be very helpful. they might even come in camo, lots of stuff out there...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles