koni shocks? anyone ever tried them?

I would venture to say that 80-90% of shocks on the market all use the same valving but are just built using different lengths, definitely not the case with OME as you mentioned. I love my setup and will not ever use anything else on my rigs.

When i was involved with the now-defunct CAGE off road program, got our shocks from only 2 manufacturers stateside:monroe, and Gabriel.
Everyone,meaning even the big names, outside the boutique shock companies( renntech et al) bought from these two makers.
Why? because who has 250 million to invest in a manufacturing facility?
the truth; everyone, even for ARB/OME is; they specify valving, they model on computer/experience, and shop out the manufacturing. Everything else is marketing. and marketing is worth what you pay for it.
the valving and design are within certain manufacturing parameters. the rest we play with to come up with what we think will work in our application.

im relying on Koni or Bilstein for their expertise in making things work : R&D is where it is at.

for my Gen 1 if i go Koni, i can buy the rears from a trooper as the rigs are nearly identical, and the shocks mount the same. unlike gen 2 montee which has a stem as you guys know. and the gen 1 has a double eyelet

never much cared for the adapters when not necessary, just some other threaded joint that can fail

ome shocks are made by Monroe under ARB spec and inspection.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke