Introducing The Next Generation of WARN VR Winches

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
VR10-S_002-N.jpg

We're excited to introduce the next generation of VR winches.

• 8,000, 10,000, and 12,000 lb. capacities.
  • All available with synthetic rope or wire rope.
  • Waterproof Albright contactor for the ultimate in electrical reliability and control.
  • Convertible control pack can be relocated for a low-profile look or to fit in bumpers. Can be left in the upright configuration, too.
  • Tie rods have been replaced by one-piece tie plate for increased durability, reduced noise, and a great look.
  • Best-in-class cone brake holds full-rated winch load. No wimpy spring brakes!
  • Black hawse fairlead on all models.
  • Easy-to-turn clutch handle.
  • Limited lifetime warranty on mechanical components, NEW 7 year warranty on electrical components--the best in the business. This goes for ALL WARN Winches purchased after Nov 1, 2016 in the U.S. and Canada.
  • Outside of the U.S. these winches are known as Tabor and they have the same features, but are also available in 24V versions. (FYI, these winches are sold as Magnum in Australia)
Learn more about our VR winches and what makes them different at http://thewarndifference.com.

- Andy

VR-cutaway.jpg

67cj5

Man On a Mission
These are beautiful Winches but because Warn make so many that look the same it is very hard to know which one to buy, IE Zeon, Zeon Platinum and Now this VR model, Warn need to make a comparison Chart so people understand exactly what they are getting in to Unlike the one on their Site. Just the specs and features with tick boxes, because it is all the waffle that has driven me away from Warn, I want Yes or No Answers and I have been using Winches for over 30 years, So if it makes me feel like that then imagine what effect all this Hype is going to have on new Buyers. Plus the Dealers only know what they are told so you can't get any straight Answers and many have tried to steer me towards other brands, Not knowing who to Trust I went with what I know,

Fantastic Winches just the same.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Thanks for the updates Andy!

The VR lineup has become a popular option for installs here in the shop

MagicMtnDan

2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition & 2021 F350 6.7L
These are beautiful Winches but because Warn make so many that look the same it is very hard to know which one to buy, IE Zeon, Zeon Platinum and Now this VR model, Warn need to make a comparison Chart so people understand exactly what they are getting in to Unlike the one on their Site. Just the specs and features with tick boxes, because it is all the waffle that has driven me away from Warn, I want Yes or No Answers and I have been using Winches for over 30 years, So if it makes me feel like that then imagine what effect all this Hype is going to have on new Buyers. Plus the Dealers only know what they are told so you can't get any straight Answers and many have tried to steer me towards other brands, Not knowing who to Trust I went with what I know,

AGREED!

Jelorian

Adventurer

Absolutely agree. I went to Warn's website to try and find a comparison chart so I could figure out the differences and features of their different models. I couldn't find one and ended up looking for the same info somewhere else. You would think that the manufacturer's own website would have that info and have it easily found.

Something like this Warn. Please?

http://www.offroaders.com/tech/winches/winch-comparision-chart.htm

Glad to hear about these new winches and that they come with the synthetic rope.

Last edited:

67cj5

Man On a Mission
It was easy back In 2002 I went to the Shop and saw the ( 9500-Ti ) and the 6000 ( Short Drum ) and Bought them both and Drove home Dreaming of off roading all day long, I looked On their site the Other Day and walked away, I have one Winch with a Good Warranty so I am buying a larger model of it.

I want to know the things that matter and On Warns Site It is more like a photo shoot. And with Companies like Superwinch, Champoin/Warrior and Come-Up and RED then I feel that Like me Others will be driven away too, Warn has always been Top Shelf and you do Pay a premium for them even more so in the UK, But I could have lived with that at a pinch but the shear lack of info had me walk away in less that 5 minutes,

Please Warn, You want our Custom and we Want your Winches, So we need your help on this.

J

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor

Greatly appreciate the feedback, and I've shared it with our marketing team.

In the meantime, you can visit TheWarnDifference.com, which will have differences between ZEON, ZEON Platinum, and VR. Hopefully that clears some things up.

- Andy

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Greatly appreciate the feedback, and I've shared it with our marketing team.

In the meantime, you can visit TheWarnDifference.com, which will have differences between ZEON, ZEON Platinum, and VR. Hopefully that clears some things up.

- Andy

Thank You Andy for taking the time because that matters a lot to us and another reason as to why Warn are held in such High Regard. J.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Would also be nice to know country of origin since some Warns are imported now right?

I am not sure how much the Country of Origin relates to the products because regardless of Origin All such products will have to pass Warns strict Guidelines / Specs,

I Started Buying Guitars that were once made in the USA and it turns out that the newer models are now made in Asia and are So perfect that they are just about the best of the best remembering that iphones and PC's Cameras TV's etc are all made Asia and they are the Global Leaders when it comes to Hi Tech so I don't see any reason to have any doubts when it comes to Winches. J

Last edited:

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
The only WARN truck winches that are imported from China are the VR series, and that is so we can compete on price. However, they are made at a factory that makes winches solely for us. The VR is not just another me-too/open-source winch that gets everyone's name slapped onto it. It's 100% our design, our engineering, our testing, and our quality control. It's 100% WARN and we stand behind it with the best standard warranty in the business: Limited lifetime mechanical, seven year electrical. We wouldn't put our name on it if we didn't believe in the product—no matter where it's made!

- Andy

Last edited:

67cj5

Man On a Mission
The only WARN truck winches that are imported from China are the VR series, and that so we can compete on price. However, they are made at a factory that makes winches solely for us. The VR is not just another me-too/open-source winch that gets everyone's name slapped onto it. It's 100% our design, our engineering, our testing, and our quality control. It's 100% WARN and we stand behind it with the best standard warranty in the business: Limited lifetime mechanical, seven year electrical. We wouldn't put our name on it if we didn't believe in the product—no matter where it's made!

- Andy

That's all I need to know, That is enough to make me Buy it in a Heartbeat.,, Jeeps and Land Rovers are Sold all over the World and they are made all over the World too They are Still Jeeps and Land Rovers, And a Warn is still a WARN,
J.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior