"The Moose" 2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Build Thread and some stories MNCarl

94Chalet

Nice Frontier MNCarl. As a new Frontier owner I am thoroughly enjoying this Nissan section of EXPO. Lots of great mods.

Dmski

Adventurer
Wow I just read your trip report in full and that is an insane trip... I can't believe you guys were there when the ATV went over the side. Surreal. I would have certainly been shaken up and been extremely careful for the rest of the trip after having seen that happen. It sounded like a great challenge, and one trip I'm sure you gents won't forget.

Rdy2offrd88

Observer
Great write-up Carl! This will be one trip I will most definitely never forget good and bad. Puts you in perspective how quick something tragic can happen like that. Overall, Cayla and I had a great time with everyone that tagged along, I don't think we would have been able to complete Morrison without everyone chipping in to help like they did.

MNCarl

The Moose
Great write-up Carl! This will be one trip I will most definitely never forget good and bad. Puts you in perspective how quick something tragic can happen like that. Overall, Cayla and I had a great time with everyone that tagged along, I don't think we would have been able to complete Morrison without everyone chipping in to help like they did.

Internet friends !!!! LOL
Yes it was great to meet you and Cayla and have some good times

MNCarl

The Moose
Geno here with the red XJ, I had a great time wheeling with you guys, is it time to start planning another trip!?
Geno!!
Welcome to Expo.
Yes good times at Goose Lake !!
I am 'game' to make the long drive from Minnesota to come out to your beautiful back yard for another overlanding adventure....although I just started a new job and I only have Qty 5 vacation days, so not sure if I can swing a trip this year 2018.

gopherslayer

Great times right there. We were in Colorado last year and all I wanted to do was explore. Unfortunately the Audi A4 Quattro we rented wouldn’t be the best for that. My wife is game for building a rig to do this stuff. My 2500 HD is not the best platform for it though. Maybe I sell my Yukon XL and get a Frontier. They aren’t the flashiest but I really like them.

MNCarl

The Moose
Installed a mobile ham radio....it works a lot better than the handheld is was using.

xxoEzykl.jpg

dmIwuCdl.jpg

t4BtZHnl.jpg

*****************************************************************************************

Got and awesome deal on a "used" Tepui roof top tent

QZaqBsrl.jpg

txhCd7vl.jpg

lCfKKtJl.jpg

bjxvPMyl.jpg

ExplorerTom

Explorer
Great build and great adventures!

Not sure how you Midwest guys deal with the oppressing humidity and bugs. I just couldn't handle it.

MNCarl

The Moose
We had our annual Midwest Overland Society get together this weekend in northern Minnesota.
Good times !!!!

lIendCR.jpg

J2j2JCE.jpg

YUlyn3k.jpg

wg8H5mh.jpg

m48H3K6.jpg

ceZ9cfc.jpg

9YBmUxR.jpg

gsYcitX.jpg

JV8fkvk.jpg

RRsGcit.jpg

dHqN8Xv.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MCX

MNCarl

The Moose
Removed my Leer fiberglass topper and had a bed rack for my roof top tent fabricated by True North Fabrications.
The roof top tent would have most likely been fine attached to the Thule rack on my Leer topper if I was just buzzing down the highway and some occasional dirt roads but I was worried about it bouncing around when off-roading and causing stress cracks in the topper and those Thule racks kinda weak.

After looking at all the cool bed racks online from various fabshops... pretty much all them bolted to the inside of the truck bed , not allowing the use of a tonneau cover.

I really wanted to have a bed rack that would allow me to use my tonneau cover to keep all my gear from getting wet and or full of dust in the truck bed.

So the option I choose was the have True North Fabrications make a "one off" bed rack that bolts directly to the top of the truck bed.

Vufw0tgl.jpg

iVgOg0pl.jpg

H6rh3PSl.jpg

MNCarl

The Moose
I am ready for winter...
Purchased some LT285/75R16 Cooper Discoverer M&S Winter / Snow tires from Discount Tire today.
Had them mounted on my extra set of stock PRO-4X rims.
Let it snow , let it snow, let it snowwwww.

lsr77kmh.jpg

pyMIySfh.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online