Keeping it simple -02 Tacoma "build"

mtnkid85

Adventurer
Bumpers looking good, any plans to tie the lower radiator bar into a skid plate? I like the base plate/mount you started off of.

04dblcab

Observer
I haven't really been a fan of tube bumpers, but I can dig it. What do you have in front for a lift?

Oh lol. Maybe I should just read a bit more. I've hear great things about the bs 5100's. I have yet to find a decent/ cheap price for them. I know I know, 400 isn't THAT expensive, but I'm a cheap *** anyways..hahaa

Keep it up man! Love the truck!

Last edited:

pnw_chris

Observer
I haven't really been a fan of tube bumpers, but I can dig it. What do you have in front for a lift?

Oh lol. Maybe I should just read a bit more. I've hear great things about the bs 5100's. I have yet to find a decent/ cheap price for them. I know I know, 400 isn't THAT expensive, but I'm a cheap *** anyways..hahaa

Keep it up man! Love the truck!

I built a plate front bumper for it a couple months ago but it just wasn't my style. All those years of building rock crawlers still has me drawn to tube. It might not look the most "expedition" style but its what I like for my truck. That being said I did plate in the front to mount my light bar. Still needs a little trimming but this is how it sits now (took off the bug guard and painted the grill also).
Good bye chrome...
boochrome.jpg
baking the paint on by the fireplace haha
cookinginside.jpg
bumper2.jpg
bumper1.jpg

04dblcab

Observer
That's awesome! Yeah I'm tempted to get rid of all the chrome on my truck (it's a limited) so everything is chrome. My mirrors are mainly what piss me off about chrome. But I haven't had time. Did you sell your plate bumper?

pnw_chris

Observer
That's awesome! Yeah I'm tempted to get rid of all the chrome on my truck (it's a limited) so everything is chrome. My mirrors are mainly what piss me off about chrome. But I haven't had time. Did you sell your plate bumper?

I'm glad I don't have chrome mirrors! That would be terrible haha. Yep, the plate bumper sale is what funded the tube bumpers. I actually just saw it on a Tacoma in town last weekend but didn't get a chance to snap a pic.

pnw_chris

Observer
Low Range Off Road was having a pretty decent sale on the OME Dakar leaf springs so I finally pulled the trigger on a set. My stock rears were negative arched and just worn out. I'm picking up a canopy off my buddy in a couple weeks and needed to be able to handle the extra weight. We will see how much they settle but the back in is super raked right now. I might end up pulling a leaf if the extra weight and time don't bring it back down closer to level.. It just looks goofy..
Before -
b4.jpg
After -
dakar.jpg
Oh and added a little something just for fun ;)
expo.jpg

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
Bumpers look great. I finished building my sliders and am thinking about re-doing my rear bumper down the road to a tube style instead of the 2x6 that I used.
Front looks great. I'll be doing something similar this winter, but I'll be punching it out a bit more so I can fit a winch inside.

Last edited:

pnw_chris

Observer
Unexpected Upgrade!
Worked out a nice trade deal.. Out with the Bilstiens... In with KINGS!
king.jpg
I didn't take the time to clean them up since winter is moving in, but still stoked!
king2.jpg

pnw_chris

Observer
My buddy brought down the canopy I was buying from him over the holiday weekend so I got that on along with my Baja Rack basket (which had to be modified heavily to fit how I wanted, more on that later). Had a chance to get out for a bit and explore some new places.
puddle.jpg
ash.jpg
mtn.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier