Keeping it simple -02 Tacoma "build"

pnw_chris

Observer
Hell yeah. Looks great. I live down by the south entrance to Mt Rainier. Where abouts are you?

That's beautiful country! I'm outside of Corvallis.

Not much new as far as upgrades go. I couldn't get the basket to work how I wanted so I took it off for the time being. I have been doing more driving of the truck than building lately. Just ordered some shiny new goodies though so stay tuned!

One from this weekend
sistersor.jpg

pnw_chris

Observer
Turning into a light whore lately... New 7in LED's came in last night so I welded some mounts on the bumper quick to mount them up. Not to shabby for a wannabe with 110v flux..
tab2.jpg
tab1.jpg
tab3.jpg
Mounted:
light2.jpg
lights.jpg
LIGHT!
fulllight.jpg
The light bar is angled down as a hybrid fog light with spot/flood combo beams. The small square ones are ditch lights with flood beams. The new 7in round ones are spot beams for distance.
Ditch/light bar are wired into one switch and the round spots are on another. I mounted the switches in the two open factory locations.
switches.jpg

pnw_chris

Observer
Mid Travel!
Total Chaos UCA's
tcarms.jpg
tcarms2.jpg
And some fresh lower ball joints
tcarms3.jpg
tcarms4.jpg
And a pic from the snow run last weekend... Don't mind the guys being goons by the truck ha
snowrun.jpg

2scars

Adventurer
Nice truck bud, definitely jealous of the 5-spd swap. Had considered it in my 4 door, but with all the stuff I would need to change with the drive by wire thing, I figured I would have it rebuild by the guys at IPT in New Jersey before that. Our trucks are nearly twins.

Brandon

pnw_chris

Observer
Just got back from our honeymoon. 2 weeks, 3500 miles and 7 states across the west. Here are a couple of random pictures from throughout the trip.
IMG_1293.jpg
IMG_1299.jpg
IMG_1511.jpg
IMG_1518.jpg
IMG_1644.jpg
IMG_1681.jpg
FullSizeR.jpg
IMG_1695.jpg
IMG_2152.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1867.jpg
    IMG_1867.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

pnw_chris

Observer
They are just ebay specials I wanted to try out (arb fakes). I think they are only rated at 52w. My little light bar far out shines them. They are marketed as "spots" but its definitely a flood beam. Overall I haven't been super impressed with them but have just left them there.

pnw_chris

Observer
Well after our trip we decided that we would much prefer a RTT over our ground tent. I lucked out and found an All Pro Apex bed rack on Craigslist!

IMG_2223.jpg
IMG_2224.jpg
IMG_2225.jpg
IMG_2226.jpg
IMG_2227.jpg

It will take a while to save up for the tent I want but that will give me time to plan out bed storage and where I want to mount stuff on the rack. If anyone actually reads this I'm curious to hear ppl's opinions on if bed supports like this are needed to keep the bedsides from wanting to spread?

IMG_2144.jpg

Just trying to decide if it would be best to fab something like that up for long term quality or if its just a waste of time and space. Thoughts?

pyrate

Rollin' along
It will take a while to save up for the tent I want but that will give me time to plan out bed storage and where I want to mount stuff on the rack. If anyone actually reads this I'm curious to hear ppl's opinions on if bed supports like this are needed to keep the bedsides from wanting to spread?

View attachment 396955

Just trying to decide if it would be best to fab something like that up for long term quality or if its just a waste of time and space. Thoughts?

I've used a lumber rack on my work truck for 10 years and we load it heavier than I can ever imagine you would and have never had an issue. But we also use keep the tailgate in the closed position when we are doing so. I do have a bar that will attach on each side at the top of the bed sides if needed but rarely use it. I've seen others that remove the tailgate completely and have issues w/ the bed sides. But YMMV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94