Domestic van

shauniscndn

Adventurer
Can anyone who owns a domestic full size(reg body &roof) van help me out. I am a very visual person & was wondering how well a Mtb fits with both wheels on. I have 2 dogs as well & just wanted a pic for reference. I have tried google and don't get much,mostly Sprinters, which is ok just wanted one of a ford or gm van. Thanks

p nut

butter
What seat configuration? An E-series or Savana would swallow up mountain bikes. Obviously not with the full 12 or 15 seating arrangement, but anything short of that, there would be loads of room.

shauniscndn

Adventurer
Max 5 seat - driver/passenger and at most bench behind for 3 if not 2 captain chairs.. I'm sure they would fit just wanted to see it to believe it lol(sounds dumb) but this also helps convince wife that vans are cool ;)

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I've had great luck with the GM 6 liter cargo vans for work. They'll last forever, transmissions have been the only weak points, they last about 125k miles.

spacer

Observer
I had an '88 E150 custom for a few years, and while I rode my bikes almost exclusively, it was handy for hauling a bike to out-of-town rides. I just rolled my CX bike into the side door, behind the front seats.
I did carry another bike in the very back, behind the rear bench, just set in across the cargo area. That one was stolen out of the van, but fortunately it was a "clunker" I'd just put together for foul weather rides, instead of my Kona.
A MTB would fit even more easily, as these were 700c bikes for a tall rider.

I don't think you'll have any trouble with any full sized van, as they're all pretty similar in dimensions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles