Kickstarter deals and products

Happykamper

Explorer
They have support it seems !! There currently sold out and (Bob) is recovering from shoulder surgery . They will not be able to produce anymore till at least May. You can leave a message via there website to be notified when they can produce more .

ramonortiz55 Thanks for posting up our campaign! If anyone has any questions about what the Deadman is, please let me know.

John E Ha that would be fantastic! We will probably add reflector strips on the next version for that very reason.

Norwood_d

Hey everyone! My name is Daniel and I'm one of the guys behind the Deadman product. Thank you so much to those who have backed us! We can't wait to get the Deadman to you!

I'm just jumping in to address a few questions/concerns I saw here in the thread.

- Regarding funding... Kickstarter is all or nothing. If we don't make the goal, no one is charged a penny. In fact, charges are not assessed until the campaign ENDS, so there isn't even a "refund" involved.
- Regarding production... we are already manufacturing these in small quantities. We've been field testing them heavily for months now and have been able to afford a few to give to veterans like the 7P gentlemen, Expedition Overland, a few I4WDTA members, and some authors/bloggers. The reason we're using Kickstarter is simply because we need the community's help to fund the initial production run. Simple as these may be, it's surprisingly expensive to manufacture them in the hundreds.
- Regarding testing... we have completed the field testing and have finalized the design for manufacturing. We're working with BC Wire Rope in Anaheim to officially certify the product's load capacity in a lab environment (pics of the next test coming soon to Kickstarter).
- Regarding capacity... yes, it'll pull out a Land Cruiser. :) We've been testing quite a bit using a load cell to measure the capacity of the Deadman in soft sand (the hardest to anchor to). A 6,000lb Tacoma only takes about 1,600lb to recover from its belly while in idle. A Land Cruiser would be more, but not more than the Deadman can handle. In a brute-force test with the Deadman buried very deep (36") we measured 7,100lb capacity before the sand around it began to move, and then 6,100lb sustained. To put that into perspective, the old spare tire trick yielded 2,500lb for a moment and then popped out of the hole.
- Regarding the future of this business... we've done this before and have plans to operate and grow this business for years to come if we have the chance to get it started. I have personally taken many products to market as an intrepreneur (yes, with an i) within two multi-billion dollar companies over the last 17 years. I have managed multi-million dollar global product lines as a product manager or product marketing director my entire career and understand what it takes to create, operate, and grow a healthy business. Furthermore, I am committed to making this work because it is something I am fundamentally passionate about, and because if I don't I won't have a way to feed my family. :) Yep, I'm working on this full time, using my savings to support my family until this business is off the ground.

We understand the hesitancy of many fellow outdoor enthusiasts - not every good idea pans out, and no one wants to get burned. We decided to take a chance to bring something new and unique to the market, something that met a need we personally experienced.

If the product fills a need for you in your recovery kit, please consider supporting our Kickstarter campaign. We're at about 60% after the first week, but that's still 40% away from funded.

We have a solid product, we know it works, and we know how to get it to you. We just need a few more folks to join us in bringing this to market. :thumbs up:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles