Ford or Ram?

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
It's weird that Dodge has the foresight to put a nice helical (Detroit Truetrac style) diff in the truck, but not manual hubs up front.

I've not had good luck with mine, its getting a for sale sign in the next two weeks, my 2017 f-350 is supposed to be here the second week of Feb.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
I would like to see manual hubs,I suspect manufacturers know the average buyer does not want to get out of the vehicle and lock the hubs.....gotta keep the soccer moms and drugstore cowboys comfortable.

It's funny when people think auto locking hubs are a new idea.

IPA

Observer
Alright, so over a year after starting this thread I finally pulled the trigger. Yesterday I brought home a 2017 F-250. XLT crew cab short bed. 6.2 gas engine, camper, FX4, and XLT Premium packages. 3.73 gears w/ selectable rear locker. "Blue Jeans" color. I spent more than I would have preferred to, and I also got more options than I would have liked. But the heated seats, Sync 3, and nice big console are pretty nice little luxuries. Walked away with a pretty decent deal.

No real "build" planned, just some convenience things over the next few weeks (some quality rubber floor mates, spray-in bed liner, etc) and eventually small lift and wheel / tire combo similar to Big50's (except I'll probably stick with 35's rather than 37's in order to minimize the chances of wanting or needing to re-gear), and a real front bumper with a winch and LED lighting. Oh and a good camper shell w/ roof rack. Maybe eventually a FWC or similar.

Went back and forth between diesel and gas over and over again right up until a couple days ago when I settled on this deal with the Ford dealership. I love diesel but in the end, because I don't tow or haul anything heavy, I just couldn't justify the significantly higher expense of buying and owning the diesel. If I ever decide that I want a 3800# Lance cabover or a 15,000# 5th wheel, then I'll trade this in on a dually with the 6.7. I don't see that happening anytime soon though, so I think I'll be quite content with the gas engine. I'm actually pretty impressed with the 6.2 so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne