M2 Freightliner Ambulance Conversion Project. 2007 Crew Cab

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
Got to see these in person back in January. My impression: BIG.

Good luck on the build.

Ace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
The dimensions of the cubicle are 22 3/4 deep, 45" wide and 76" high. But you did have me going Pat. I had to go and remeasure using them damned inches instead of the reliable mm. I was a bit worried I had planned around using a 20" wide toilet in an 18" cabinet :unsure:

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
2 Natures Head "Thunder Boxes" ordered. So they will be in use before we head to Expo West and then onto Colorado for a while. Hope they live up to their reputation and if anyone wants to check them out (weird buggers !!!!) the trucks will be at the DIY area at Expo West.

Natures Head Thunder Box link.

And for the question that someone will ask even though I think it is very obvious.

thunderbox (plural thunderboxes)

1. (historical) A close-stool, a stool enclosing a chamber pot.
  2. (Britain, Australia, slang) An outhouse or latrine: a rudimentary outdoor toilet. quotations ▼

scooter421

Adventurer
2 Natures Head "Thunder Boxes" ordered. So they will be in use before we head to Expo West and then onto Colorado for a while. Hope they live up to their reputation and if anyone wants to check them out (weird buggers !!!!) the trucks will be at the DIY area at Expo West.

Natures Head Thunder Box link.

And for the question that someone will ask even though I think it is very obvious.

thunderbox (plural thunderboxes)

1. (historical) A close-stool, a stool enclosing a chamber pot.
  2. (Britain, Australia, slang) An outhouse or latrine: a rudimentary outdoor toilet. quotations ▼
Lol.....way to cover your eh'em...********!

Scooter...

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Somedays I love my job. Only problem was they didn’t give samples.

1ef4d9a6011adfa4bb553d93d85f5c1d.jpg

Cummins engine plant in Jamestown NY.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
The next part of the evolution is underway. While the wife did the backsplash in our minute kitchen alcove I installed the thematic mixer and cleaned up the area above the sink. ( had to have it apart for the missus to do her work anyway.

8f2198d868e478b946905e9661385f7f.jpg

But what I am really supposed to be working on is installing the Aqua Hot system. Diesel instant hot water, engine heating and 2 space heating circuits with a 120v element for if we ever hook it up to power. Looks like it will fit ok. I will need to put it on a slide for service/repairs though. Between this and the generator I am adding a lot of weight to the drivers side. Passengers side does have the fuel tank but I need to work out how to put the main water tanks on that side somewhere.

2f314f61c35910f525de5db2fb495e70.jpg

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Presents arrived. I have never been this excited about seeing toilets since the river boat journey in Borneo when I had food poisoning.

b05bc4aa39035148ef6a708af1d160c8.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz