M2 Freightliner Ambulance Conversion Project. 2007 Crew Cab

rlrenz

Explorer
I have remote control, heated Moto-Mirrors on mine. I recall they were made by Bostrom (the sest company). I'll bet that the standard ambulance prep by Freightliner when yours was built in cluded pre-wiring for heated mirrors. If the buyer was in the South, heated mirrors probably were never installed.

rlrenz

Explorer
If you have to repair dash pieces, try UV cure adhesives. I've used them to cement a wide variety of different plastics successfully. I've also used them to "clamp" parts that have been epoxy bonded while I'm waiting for the epoxy to cure

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
I wonder why the AC was making a lot of noise.

dcb6ad46ebac04c1c6c81b7950c9a84f.jpg

And that was without running over the sort of roads/tracks we will be taking it on.

rlrenz

Explorer
You might want to check the motor shaft to see if it's still straight - that's a pretty long overhang on the shaft

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
That was on Big Red. But way too high for me especially when it gets the new axles and bigger wheels. I think I will be about 13 inches taller when that is done. Then there will be 1000 watts of solar up there as well.

rlrenz

Explorer
Plenty high. I had thought about using a roof top unit on mine, but I'm 9-6 right now, and my garage door can clear 9-11, so I don't have any room to spare. I'm building a modified Hoseline 120 volt package for mine.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
We will end up with a couple of mini splits but I had to get the real estate back on the roof as well as limit the height. Plus these type of rooftop AC's are not made to handle the terrain we will hopefully be using the truck in.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Cleared up a bit of real estate today in prep for fitting some other goodies. Removed the condenser for the front AC units and will replace it with the unit from the back mounted under to cab (with one in front of the radiator as well if required).

But look at how much space I have spare now.

eb224494897d047b5b3b076222767576.jpg

Frees up 36" x 19"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles