M2 Freightliner Ambulance Conversion Project. 2007 Crew Cab

rlrenz

Explorer
If you decide to score the laminate, use a carbide-tipped laminate scoring tool instead of a utility knife. I use one to "cut" laminate into the size piece I need for a job, and they work well.

To cut a sheet, score it several times on the face of the laminate, then bend the laminate up (towards the score). You'll get a clean break.

patoz

Expedition Leader
If I remember correctly, Bevan's finish on his walls are like mine, which is nothing more than a vinyl layer glued and pressed to the Duralite plywood. It's not a laminate like Formica, which chips very easily.

When I look at the areas on mine that have cutouts for various things, I don't see any chipping at all, and it looks like they just used a jig saw to cut it with.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
The laminate I need to cut is on 2 sheets of 3/4 ply backed by the treadplate. It is going to be interesting. Waiting on a pleated shower door to arrive to get the final cut dimensions.

But this did turn up today. Hoping it is not to inefficient in water use. Best part is that it is only 1/4” thick so I will be able to mount it straight to the shower ceiling.

4ff5c610f288a1a75925faabeb3cbf77.jpg

0e1f7dfd42ffdcb0ea3fbe5e8e469c95.jpg

java

Expedition Leader
Thats going to be slick! If its new it should be limited to 2.4 gallons per minutes.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Bevan, why didn't you just go on and get the one that has the colored LEDs lighting up the water streams, and plays music also? :agree:

Mama should be happy with that one for sure. thumbsup.gif

Coachgeo

Explorer
That is the entry for the shower/toilet.
ahhh.... closet sized latrine / shower along with sweet hobbit door entry inside with a second near full door outside. Awesome!!! Put an old thick wood look... with wrought iron parts door in the interior to give it a hobbit/elf hatch look :cool:. Maybe paint a wood sign that says Keebler to put just above the door? Ribbing aside; what is the dimensions of that interior door?

Curious about what it took to cut it out. Care to offer any details? Considering cutting out some upper portions of cabinets to put in full time loft bed just in front of rear doors.

scooter421

Adventurer
Most of the time that procrastination period is a good thing. You often get better results, like what you've got there! It's looking good OZ!

Scooter...

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
what is the dimensions of that interior door?

Curious about what it took to cut it out. Care to offer any details?

The door is 57” high x 36” wide.

To cut it out I first cut through the laminate with an oscillating saw and then cut through the rest with a circular saw. Sawzall for the final corner cuts. Hopefully I caught it on time lapse on the go pro and you can get the keystone cops version of ambulance demolition.

Ok it was a real keystone cops episode. All I got was a series of photos on me trying to turn the camera on. Definitely a good advertisement for RTFM. Read the f’ing manual.

Last edited:

patoz

Expedition Leader
Your compartments must be a lot deeper than mine. What is the inside measurement from the inboard wall to the compartment door?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz