M2 Freightliner Ambulance Conversion Project. 2007 Crew Cab

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Looks like I need to run it over the scales. But going by the pain in my back and shoulders the rack is a**** ton and the bike and sidecar would be around 750# or more. I figure the whole lot is over 1/2 ton. But I have 3 ton to play with from what the Ambo loaded weighed in at.

Sort of waiting until I get the water storage and hot water systems in before getting my base weight.

theRome

Excellent, it doesn't look like it is working your airbags at all! (I'm hoping to find an ambo, add shower/toilet/jacknife sofa bed, and use it to bumper tow 18' car trailer/buggy~7500 lbs)

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Probably. I have them on there anyway as the others are covered. Actually it protrudes enough that a long load permit is required.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Just another photo for the records.

80486798ec7c6b91cdf10f7ead7a16da.jpg

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
It is much better but I still want more out of it. There are still some fuel flow/pressure tests to be done and then it will be time for the dyno to see if there is a problem or if I am expecting too much out of a 20,000# rig.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Looks like I may have to move the axle back to fit the tires I want on there. If I can sneak about 1 - 1 1/2” it will eliminate cutting into the main door frame.

2c3c28a4cbfcf8e10aa9723017d17bd5.jpg

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Run a 42" tire option?

That is an option. It looks like I can get 22.5 super singles in the wheel stud pattern that fits my axles. Only downside is $$$$, gearing and not being able to air them right down when I am stuck in the sand. Better mileage, wear, availability and noise level though.

Being it is so expensive I need to get it right 1st time around.

What I really need is a set of these and a few hours with a good plasma cutter.

f6038a9e7f951952b129422e24da9cce.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne