M2 Freightliner Ambulance Conversion Project. 2007 Crew Cab

scooter421

Adventurer
Reality check time.

a67244b16cf2ba85df9e9ff63c5cf8a2.jpg

51ad7097b28d845904702239a6693732.jpg

d2a763348782312ba45a3e2ecb538a35.jpg

b5f75a83d0df11da8d1515d0a65c6178.jpg
A 3.5 foot lift and your good! When do we start?

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

scooter421

Adventurer
I have found that it is best to wait for either the middle of summer or a week before you absolutely need the truck to start these types of projects.
If anyone can do it, it's you OZ! In the middle of summer though? I hope you absolutely need the truck before summer gets here! We're not even getting a winter this year! I'm still using the A/C in the car half the time and almost turned it on in the house Sunday!

Scooter...

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Final got to work on my own truck. Minor progress!

The essentials are in. This is where the evaporator and heater unit usually sits in the box. I have all my electrical on the back wall (but I can see the breakers) including generator transfer switch, breaker board and solar regulated. Plus a couple of inverter fed outlets and one non inverted outlet.

The essentials include a Panasonic Inverter microwave, Nespresso espresso machine and a Dometic ice maker.

All three are cradled to stop them sliding around and when the brown truck of goodness arrives Monday they will al be strapped down with Rok Straps.

b4f23553a1cc7fba711a6348a681a8a1.jpg

patoz

Expedition Leader
Are you just storing the ice maker in that cabinet, or can it be used there?

I'm planning one getting one also, because I'll probably start out with a good quality cooler instead of a fridge, and I could use the ice maker to top off the cooler as the ice inside melts. Plus. I would have fresh ice for drinks. I will need to sit mine on the counter next to the sink, and fill it that way. I'll only have about 48" of counter space for the kitchen, so it will have to perform double duty as needed.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Are you just storing the ice maker in that cabinet, or can it be used there?

I'm planning one getting one also, because I'll probably start out with a good quality cooler instead of a fridge, and I could use the ice maker to top off the cooler as the ice inside melts. Plus. I would have fresh ice for drinks. I will need to sit mine on the counter next to the sink, and fill it that way. I'll only have about 48" of counter space for the kitchen, so it will have to perform double duty as needed.

The ice maker can be used in place but when we hit the beach in Mexico it will probably be put beside the sink. Our current dilemma is do we go with a full size blender or the bullet type or a margarita machine :) . What a first world problem.

Wyuna

Observer
I think its time you started to fit the MRAP drive line :wings:

Looks like a lot of panel work involved, thats not even including the suspension, so no more holidays or sleep for you :coffeedrink:

scooter421

Adventurer
Looks great OZ! A little progress is better than none. Time to put the ice maker to use and celebrate some progress!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Ok now I come to a pucker moment. We are turning the drivers side rear cabinet into the wet bath (dry toilet ). I have to cut a door into the inside. Once I make the 1st cut there is no going back

So a couple of questions for the knowledgeable masses. I was planning on using an oscillating tool to cut the laminate/ply with a hope of being able to reuse it for a bifold door. Think kerf and less chipping. But it’s a lot of cutting with one of those tools. Anyone have any great tips about cutting laminate straight without chipping it much.

Also it is about 1 1/4 thick straight into a treadplate backing.

250272b9078477af0f82ab83104c3e10.jpg

7012c7a78b209403a08ae041b0ee1c4e.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles